Aasara Pension Scheme in Telangana 2019-20 [Application Form, Eligibility, New list, Amount, Check Status]
The Aasara Pension project was implemented when the Chandrashekhar Rao become the CM of the state in 2014. The project is very much active. Before the 2019 election, the CM announced that if the people support him, then he will make necessary changes in the scheme guidelines, which will prove to be more beneficial for the target beneficiaries. After the election results were announced, he kept his promise by doubling the pension sum, and reducing the age limit for application. The Chief Minister of Telangana has already mentioned that all existing beneficiaries and new applicants will start receiving the double pension from July 2019.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Aasara Pension|
|Launched by||Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao|
|Date of original launch||2014|
|Date of revised announcements||June 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor and needy people|
|Supervised by||Telangana Rural Development Department|
|Revised guidelines will be implemented from||July 2019|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of the needy people – The primary objective of the scheme was to help the poor and needy sections of the society. The financial assistance, offered by the state government will bring economic stability in the lives of needy people.
- Doubling of the pension amount – After the election results came out, the CM kept his promise by announcing that the pension amount will be doubled. Thus, from July onwards, widows, aged people, weavers and Toddy Tappers will receive Rs. 2,016 instead of Rs. 1000. The new pension amount that will be transferred in the bank account of disabled people will be Rs. 3,016, which was Rs. 1500 previously.
- Payment frequency – The pension will be transferred in the bank account of the respective beneficiary on a monthly basis.
- Age related changes – When the scheme was first implemented, it said that except the widows, applicants from other categories must be 65 years old to apply. Recently, the CM has announced that the age requirement will be reduced to 57 years. It will help the government to reach out to more needy people.
- Total number of beneficiaries – Before the 2019 Election, official records suggested that 39, 32,302 beneficiaries were enjoying the perks, offered by the program. But after the implementation of the new changes, the beneficiary number will reach to 7 lakhs.
Eligibility for application
- Residential criterion – As the Telangana government will implement this development and reformative scheme, it is obvious that only legal residents of the state will get the chance to enjoy these perks.
- Age requirements – The age requirements are different, depending on the application category. People applying for old age pension must be at least 57 years old. The Toddy Tappers and weavers must be in their 50s to apply. Disabled applicants will come under the same age requirement. As for widows, the lower age limit is at least 18 years.
- One person from every family – Only one member from every family will be allowed to fill in the application form to attain the pension.
- Landless people in villages – The scheme eligibility guidelines also highlight that rural people, who don’t have any land in their names, will be permitted to apply for the perks of this project.
- Homeless people in rural and urban areas – The people, who do not have permanent or pucca houses, both in villages and cities, will be allowed to apply for the benefits.
- Unmarried widows only – The widow candidates will get the pension as long as they do not remarry.
- Profession related criteria – It is applicable for the weavers and Toddy Tappers. Only those will be able to apply and attain pension under these sections, if they have legal registration certificates from respective cooperative associations.
- Income related criterion – The scheme guidelines also highlight that if the family income of the applicant, who lives in a rural setting is more than 1.5 lakhs on an annual basis, then he/she will not get the pension. The income limit for applicants, living in cities is 2 lakhs.
- Criterion for disable people – The pension scheme also offers financial assistance to those who suffer from physical disability. It is mentioned in the scheme guidelines that people with 40% and above disability can apply. Individuals, who have a 51% hearing problem, will also be considered eligible.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential documents – As the scheme is for the legal residents of the state only, every interested applicant must have an official certificate, stating that he/she is a legal resident of Telangana.
- Aadhar card – The official will require proper documents to check the authenticity of the applicants. Thus, only those candidates will be able to apply, who possess their Aadhar cards.
- Age proof – Due to the age related criterion, every applicant will have to furnish a legal document that will support the age related claims.
- Husband’s death certificate – All women, applying to attain the widow pension, will have to submit a copy of their husband’s death certificate.
- Cooperative society registration certificate – It is mandatory for the Toddy Tappers to get a certificate issued by their cooperative association.
- Weavers’ registration certificates – The weavers have their own cooperative association. Every weaver who is interested in getting the benefits of the pension scheme must submit a certificate, issued by the Weavers’ Cooperative Society.
- Disability certificate – People, with physical disabilities must submit official disability certificates, which have been issues by government hospitals.
- Bank account details – For smooth money transfer, applicants must furnish details of their bank accounts.
- Recent photography – To authenticate the identity of the applicant, submitting a recently clicked passport sized photograph is also mandatory.
How to attain registration form and apply for the scheme?
- Both online and offline application modes are available for the convenience of those who are not well-versed with operating a computer.
- For offline application, candidates will have to get to the MeeSeva Centre, located near their homes. Interested applicants must bring all the necessary documents.
- The MeeSeva Centre agents will fill in the application form on the candidate’s behalf, attach the documents, and submit it accordingly.
- Those who can take care of the application by themselves will have to log in on the https://www.aasara.telangana.gov.in/SSPTG/userinterface/portal/loginpage.aspx portal of the scheme.
- By clicking on the Registration Form Download” link, candidates can download the application form.
- Then they will have to get a print out, and fill in the details accordingly.
- After this, candidates need to attach copies of all required documents with the registration form.
- If the applicant resides in a rural area, then the form must be submitted in the Village Revenue Office or Gram Panchayat Office.
- If the applicant lives in the urban areas, then he/she must submit the application form at the Bill Collector’s Office.
- The Municipality Commissioner will check the forms via the scheme portal. If everything is in order, then the Commissioner will forward it to District Collector.
- Eligible applicants will attain their Aasara Pension passes by post.
If people desire more information about the scheme details, they can call on the toll free number 040-23226982. Apart from this, clicking on the link https://www.aasara.telangana.gov.in/SSPTG/UserInterface/Portal/APOsContactDetails.aspx will give interested applicants a district wise list of officers who are in charge of looking after the proper implementation of the project.
Though the Chief Minister has already made the announcement for the revision of guidelines, the state has not yet issued an official draft of the scheme. The CM said that the government is working on the draft preparation, and the needful steps will be taken within the end of this month.
Other links –