Agriculture Krishi Pump (Tubewell) Connections
to Farmers in Haryana
[Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Documents]
Electric and solar pumps are very important for artificial irrigation of the farms. But the cost of such pumps is rather high. Thus, most small and marginal farmers either have to depend on traditional ways, or borrow pumps. To eliminate this situation and assist farmers, the state government of Haryana announced a new scheme. Under Krishi Pump Connection project, applicants will attain solar powered and agricultural pump connections.
|Name of the scheme||Krishi Pump Connection Scheme|
|Launched by||Manohar Lal Khattar|
|Date of announcement||December 2018|
|Official launch||January 2019|
|Supervised by||Haryana Agriculture and Farmers development Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of agricultural sector – With the new pump connections, the state will be able to pave the path for betterment of the farmers of Haryana. It will also make irrigation facilities easily available for small and marginal farmers.
- Total number of beneficiaries – State government estimate suggests that the authority will offer pump connections to 44,000 agricultural workers. Smaller farmers will get the opportunity to receive 25,000 pump sets and 15,000 solar-powered pumps.
- Tenure of implementation – The state government announced that applicants will start getting their pump sets within the next six months.
- Application tenure – The scheme draft highlights that the applicants, who requested for a pump between 1st January 2014 and 31st December 2018 will get the pumps first.
- Installed solar pumps – The state authority has already installed 468 irrigational tube wells, which run on the solar power in Karnal and Yamunanagar blocks.
- Last date of request issuance – All applicants, who have not yet received their pump connection, will receive their request demand letters by the end of 31st March 2019.
- Financial payment – The state government highlighted that all interested farmers will have to pay a certain sum for the pumps. Once the payment is done, the authority will make necessary arrangements to install the pump on the farm of the enrolling farmers.
- Electric meter connection – Apart from the pumps, the government will also install electric smart meters to measure the power usage. Around 10 lakh farmers will get these smart electric meters.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – The Haryana state government will make necessary expenditures to offer pumps to all applicants. Thus, there are no extra points for guessing that only legal residents of this state will be able to attain the benefits. All applying farmers will have to submit their residential documents.
- For poor farmers – The scheme is only for financial backward agricultural workers. Only small and marginal farmers will be allowed to get the benefits of this scheme.
- Identification documents – Applicants will have to submit their personal identification papers. The voter card and the Aadhar card of each applicant will help the officials to check the authenticity of the claims.
How to get registration form and apply?
The Haryana state government has recently announced the Krishi Pump Connection project. It has highlighted the perks of the scheme, and demand notices, which the authority will issue soon. As for now, the state has not announced any details about the registration process. Once it does, interested farmers will be able attain the information on this site. It is expected that the Haryana government will keep both online and offline registration procedures for the farmers’ convenience.
Many farmers cannot earn more agricultural revenue as they cannot irrigate their farms artificially. Running tube wells or pumps is not possible for poor farmers, as the power bills are rather high. The successful launch of this and the solar pump connection projects will offer respite to the agricultural workers in the area. It will also help them to irrigate their plots and gain more crop production.