Amma Two Wheeler Subsidy Scheme
in Tamil Nadu [Women] 2019-20
[Eligibility,Online Application Form PDF, Status, Last Date]
Before the Palaniswami came to the political throne of Tamil Nadu, he had promised empowerment for all sections of the society. He targeted the progress of the female candidates, and promised to implement several empowering projects for them. Once he came to power, he has been working to keep his promises. In this regards, he announced the re-launch of the most awaited Amma Two Wheeler Scheme in the state. Under this project, all applicable female applicants will receive a subsidy from the authority if they purchase a two wheeler.
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Date of original launch||2017 – 2018|
|Re-launch date||January 2019|
|Application starts on||8th January 2019|
|Application ends on||31st January 2019 [Extended Last Date]|
|Supervised by||Tamil Nadu Women Development Department|
Key features of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Development and empowerment of women – The Tamil Nadu government has implemented this project for the overall development of the female candidates. It will boost the confidence of these applicants, and will also pave the path for their empowerment.
- Separate rural and urban implementation – The state authority will take necessary steps to operate the scheme separately in villages and cities. It will ensure the better implementation of the scheme.
- Amount of subsidy offered – It has been highlighted in the scheme details that all eligible applicants will get the subsidy perk from the state authority. The government will offer 50% subsidy on the cost of the two wheelers. This amount will not cross the mark of Rs. 25000.
- One member for every household – The state wants to offer the scheme benefits to as many applicants as possible. Thus, one eligible female candidate, from every family will be able to opt for this subsidy.
- DBT – All subsidy payments will be carried out via the Direct Benefit Transfer process. Thus, interested applicants must have their own bank account.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – Tamil Nadu government has launched out this scheme and will arrange the necessary funds for meeting the requirements. So, only legal residents of the state will be able to apply for this subsidy. Thus, applicants must submit their residential proofs.
- Personal documents – Applicants have to submit their Aadhar and Voter cards with the application document.
- Age criterion and documentation – The scheme draft also highlights that only female applicants who fall in the age bracket of 18 years and 40 years will be able to enroll for this subsidy. Thus, submitting the birth certificate is a must to support age related claims.
- Driving license – Only applicants who possess either permanent driving licenses or a two wheeler learner license will be able to apply for this unique scheme.
- Family income related criterion – This scheme permits the application of those candidates who have an overall family earnings that does not go beyond the Rs. 2.50 lakh mark. Applicants have to offer an income certificate that highlights this figure.
- Caste certificate – If the applicants belong to the SC, ST, OBC or any other registered backward category, then she must submit the caste certificate accordingly.
- Bank account details – The state government will transfer the subsidy amount in the bank account of the applicant. Thus, it is mandatory for all candidates to submit their bank account details.
- Two wheeler papers – To get the monetary subsidy, applicants must submit the copies of the new two wheeler documents, which will be issued by the dealer.
- Educational criterion – The scheme draft also highlights that applicants must have an educational cut off of passing the 8th The final mark sheet of 8th class must be attached with the application document.
- Priority certificate – In addition to these papers, applicants will also have to submit a priority certificate. It will be checked by the authority members
How to get application form and register for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme?
- The state has not kept the provision for any online application. All female candidates, who meet the necessary criteria, will have to attain the digitized enrollment form from the official site.
- To get to this site, they will have to click on the link tamilnadumahalir.org.
- On the homepage, there are two separate links. One is for applicants who hail from villages and the other is for candidates who live in the cities.
- Women living in villages will have to click on the link http://tamilnadumahalir.org/images/C1-Rural_Application-English.pdf.
- Women living in the urban areas will have to click on the link http://tamilnadumahalir.org/images/C1-Urban_Application-English.pdf.
- Both these links will give applicants access to the digitized enrollment forms. These are available in PDF format.
- These forms can be downloaded by clicking on the “Download” button.
- The applicants will have to fill in the details, highlighted in the form. Once this is complete, candidates must attach the necessary document proofs.
- After this, applicants will have to download another form. This form pertains to the verification activities, and these will be done by the government officials. To get this verification form, one has to click on the link http://tamilnadumahalir.org/images/C1-FieldVerificationForm-English.pdf.
- After this, candidates will have to click on the link http://tamilnadumahalir.org/images/C2-Subsidyclaimform-English.pdf. This will give applicants access to Subsidy Claiming form.
- Once all these forms have been filled in with the correct details, the applicants must submit it at the respective state department office.
Women empowerment and overall progress of the society are interlinked. With the successful implementation of this project, the Tamil Nadu government will be able to show women a new way to harness their potentials. It will not only eliminate the discomfort of traveling in public transports, but will also offer women more time to focus on their personal betterment.