Andhra Pradesh YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme – Rs. 12,500 p.a to Farmers
[Form, Eligibility Criteria, Crop List, Farmers, Documents, Farmers List ]
Crop cultivation is forms the backbone of any nation. The farmers have a vital role to play in this regard. They are the primary crop manufacturers. But lack of financial and market support has plunged them in the darkness of poverty. To mend matters, the Andhra Pradesh government has taken matters in its hands with the announcement of Rythu Bharosa Scheme. The scheme will offer a host of perks to the poor farmers. The name of the scheme also translates to “happiness of the food givers.” To know more about features, eligibility and application procedure, you need to read this article.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Date of announcement||June 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor agricultural workers|
|Supervised by||Andhra Pradesh Agricultural Development Ministry|
|Help Line Toll free Number||NA|
Key features of the AP YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme
- Development of the farmers – The primary objective of this scheme is to offer better income opportunities for the agricultural workers. Apart from subsidy on crops, they will also attain other financial assistances.
- Selected crops – Under this farmer development project, the state will offer subsidy on crops like paddy, sugarcane, maize, sunflower, cotton, groundnut and pulses.
- Budget for the project – The state finance minister has announced that for the implementation of this new scheme, the state government will have shell out Rs. 5000 crore.
- Total numbers of beneficiaries – Government reports suggest that with the implementation of this new scheme, Andhra Pradesh government will be able to reach out to as many as 39.33 lakh needy farmers.
- Debt waiver project – Apart from this, selected beneficiaries will also attain financial assistance to get rid of the pressure of debt payment. The state is working on the debt waiver scheme and has already deposited money in the accounts of 2.23 beneficiaries.
- Farm tools – With the announcement of this scheme, the state finance minister also highlighted that selected farmers will attain tractors with a subsidy of Rs. 2.5 lakhs. It will help the agricultural workers to increase their farm yield.
Subsidy amount specified for each crop under YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme
|Name of the crop||Subsidy available earlier||New subsidy rate|
|Paddy, cotton sugarcane, and groundnut||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 15,000|
|Maize||Rs. 8,333||Rs. 12,500|
|Sunflower and pulses||Rs. 6,250||Rs. 10,000|
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residents of AP – The entire funding of the project will be done by the Andhra Pradesh government. Farmers, interested in attaining the benefits will have to submit their residential documents. Only legal residents will get these benefits.
- Associated with farming – Only those farmers, who are associated with agricultural activities on a fulltime basis, will be allowed to attain the perks.
- Farmer category – The scheme is open for poor and needy farmers only. Thus, those agricultural workers, who fall in the small and marginal categories, will only be allowed to attain the subsidy benefits.
- Personal ID documents – All applicants will have to submit their Aadhar card, ration card and voter card photocopies. These will be used for beneficiary verification.
- Bank account details – All financial transfers will be done in the bank account of the specific beneficiary. Thus, it is mandatory for all to possess active bank accounts. Farmers will also have to submit their account related details during application.
How to get application form and register for YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme
It is a brand new scheme, and has been announced recently. The state government will take some time to finalize the implementation techniques. It is still working on the benefits, which are to be offered. When the state government releases the application and other scheme-related details, we will upload it on this site.
The new farmer development project, along with the other promised benefits, will help the poor agricultural workers to earn a better living. The development of the farmers will in turn pave the path for the development of the entire state’s financial prosperity.