Arundhati Scheme Assam Yojana 2019-20
1 Tola Gold to Brides In Marriage
[Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Documents, Apply]
Marriage is an important state in the life of all men and women. During this happy ceremony, relatives and friends come together to bless the happy couple. But the dowry system has been prevalent in the Indian wedding system. Awareness has reduced the evils to some extent, but it is not totally eradicated. But parents often gift gold ornaments to their daughters during the marriage. The Assam government has come up with a new scheme that will bring a smile on the faces of the soon to be married brides. Under the Arundhati Scheme, the Cm announced that all eligible brides will attain one tola gold. If you are interested in knowing about the eligibility and registration process, then read this article.
|Name of the scheme||Arundhati Scheme|
|Launched by||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Announced on||6th February 2019|
|Date of implementation||Soon|
Key features of the Arundhati Scheme In Assam
- Development of the women – The main objective of this scheme is to pave the path for the development of the women. Gold will come in handy in times of need. Plus it will also increase the dignity of the bride in the in-laws house.
- Supporting financially weaker sections – This scheme will not offer gold to people from all financial categories. Only those who come from financially weaker sections will be allowed to avail the perks of this scheme.
- Amount of gold to be given – The scheme highlights that all eligible beneficiaries will attain one tola gold as a gift for their marriage. The market price of 10 grams or one tola gold is Rs. 38,000 as of now.
- Attaining the gold – The gold will be given to the selected beneficiaries on the day when the social marriage takes place.
- Must come under Special Marriage Rule – To attain the benefit, listed under this scheme, applicants will have to comply with the Special Marriage Rule 1954, mentioned in the Constitution.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application Under Arundhati Scheme
- Resident of the state – It is necessary for the applicants to be legal residents of Assam and possess residential documents to support this claim to get this benefit.
- Income related criterion – If the total income of the family of the bride is less than Rs. 5 lakhs, then she will be able to enroll for the scheme. Thus, the candidate will have to furnish necessary income related documents.
- Age proof – If the age of the bride is not 18 years, then she will be barred from getting the perks of this scheme. Applicants must submit the age proof documents to ensure that they have attained the legal age for marriage.
- Special Marriage Rule applicable – If the applicants don’t fall under the Special Marriage Act of 1954, then they will not be able to get the gold. Thus, candidates must furnish necessary papers.
- Personal ID proof – Applicants will have to submit photocopies of their voter card and ration card. Apart from this, they will also have to submit photocopy of their Aadhar document. These will be used for background checks.
How to get application form and register for Arundhati Scheme ?
Assam’s Arundhati Scheme is a new scheme that has been announced in the Assam budget 2019 – 2020. The state authority has not mentioned anything about the overall registration and implementation procedure. Once the authority releases these details, you will get it first on this site.
Arundhati Scheme will offer gold as a gift to the new bride. It will not only increase her happiness, but she will also have a substantial gold that she can use later on. Women empowerment and development has always been the two goals of Assam government. It is another positive step taken by the government in this respect.
Other Schemes :