Maharashtra Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana 2019-20
Toll Free Number,Subsidy Rate
[ Form, Eligibility,Documents,Farmer List,Status Check]
Each year, thousands of farmers in Maharashtra have to face low yields as they don’t have access to proper irrigation facilities. But they cannot afford to purchase pumps as these machines are very expensive. But the Maharashtra government has come with a new scheme that will solve this issue. Under the Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana, lakhs of agricultural workers will get their solar irrigation pumps. The state government will make as much as 90% to 95% subsidy on these pumps. In this article, you will get more information about the benefits, eligibility and application process.
|Name of the scheme||Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana or Mukhyamantri Saur Krushi Pump Yojana 2019|
|Launched by||Devendra Fadnavis|
|Date of announcement||October 2018|
|Implementation date||January 2019|
|Publication of beneficiary list||31st January 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Farmers of the state|
|Implementing nodal agency||MahaVitaran (Mahadiscom)|
|Supervised by||New and Renewable Energy Department|
|Toll Free helpline number||1800-102-3435 or 1800-233-3435.|
Key features of the Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana
- Agricultural development – The primary objective of the state government is to offer clean and technologically advanced pumps in the hands of common farmers. The distribution of these pumps will revolutionize agricultural activities in the state.
- Reservation for ST and SC candidates – Though both big and small farmers will be able to apply for the solar pumps, there will be special reservation for those which belong to SC and ST candidates. They will get 13.5% and 9% reservation respectively.
- Subsidy for the pumps – The state government will pay 95% to 90% of the total cost of the solar powered pumps. So, applicants will have to pay only Rs. 13,000 for 3 HP pumps and Rs. 25,000 for 5 HP pumps.
- Pumps available as per land holdings – If the size of the agricultural plot is three acres or less, then the farmer will be able to enroll for a pump that has 3 HP power. If the land holding is 5 acres or more in measurement, then applicants will get 5 HP powered solar pump.
- Total number of beneficiaries – Maharashtra government desire to reach out to as many as one lakh farmers as per the project.
- Cost of the pumps – Each 3 HP solar powered pump will come for Rs. 2.40 lakh and the listed price of 5HP pumps is 3.25 lakh. The state government will arrange most of the payment on behalf of the applicants.
- Implementation in phases – The scheme draft highlights that the distribution of the solar pumps will be done in three separate phases. 25,000 pumps will be distributed during the first and third phase. During the implementation of the second phase, around 50,000 applicants will get their pumps.
- Preventing pollution – This scheme will also help the state government to create awareness among the farmers about the advantages of clear energy. As these pumps will run on solar power, these will not create any environmental pollution.
- Reduce burden of electricity bill – Earlier, agricultural labors had to worry about paying high electricity bills for operating their irrigation pumps. Once the solar pumps are installed, they will no longer have to worry about this additional expense.
- Replacing diesel pumps– With the implementation of this project in phases, the state will eventually replace all old and diesel-run water pumps with these unique solar-powered pumps.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential criterion – The cost of implementing this scheme will be arranged by the Maharashtra government. Thus, only those farmers, who have their legal residential certificates, will be able to apply for the solar irrigation pumps.
- Professional criterion – Only farmers will be able to get the benefits under this scheme. Applicants must be associated with farming on a full time basis.
- Personal ID documents – All applicants will have to submit their personal identification documents. These will help the government officials to authenticate the details and monitor the success of the scheme. The voter card or the Aadahr card will be accepted.
- Caste certificates – As there is special reservation facility for farmers belonging to schedule caste and schedule tribe community, applicants will have to furnish their caste certificates to get this benefit.
How to apply and attain application form?
- To make the registration process easy and transparent, the Maharashtra government has launched a separate portal for the enrollment purpose.
- Interested farmers will have to click on the authorized link https://www.mahadiscom.in/solar/ to get to the homepage.
- Here they will see many options in the top bar. Candidates must place the mouse pointer on the “New Applications” tab to activate related options.
- Then they will have to click on the option that is marked as “Apply Online.” It will trigger the portal to open the digitized enrollment form.
- As the form opens, applicants will have to type in the necessary details properly.
- Once the form fill-up is complete, candidates can submit the registration by clicking on the option “Submit Request.”
- The respective authority will check the forms and release the beneficiary list on the specified date.
How to check the application status?
- Apart from online application, interested farmers will also be able to keep track of their application status. This checking procedure can also be completed through the official portal.
- Farmers that have already applied for the benefit will have to click on the link https://www.mahadiscom.in/solar/ to get to the official site.
- Once the homepage opens, they will have to place the mouse pointer on the “New Application” tab, located at the top of the page.
- It will activate two more options. To check the application status, farmers will have to click on the option marked as “Track Your Application Status.”
- Here they will have to highlight their registration code to gain access to the application status.
Helpline for the scheme
Interested candidates will be able to attain additional information on the state run scheme from online as well as offline channels. For any query, candidates can call on the toll free number 1800-102-3435 or 1800-233-3435. Apart from this, applicants can drop in a mail at the ID email@example.com. The concerned authority will get in touch with the person with the necessary answers.
Lack of proper irrigation is the main reason for agricultural backwardness in the nation. With agro-boosting schemes like this, the state will be able to help farmers increase their production. It will have a direct impact on the overall GDP of the country. With access to proper tools and irrigation facilities, Indian farmers will be able to double their annual income.