Atmanirbhar Bharat App Challenge 2020 (Submission Date, Eligibility, Criteria, Winning Amount)
Prime Minister Narendra Singh Modi has introduced the Atmanirbhar Bharat app challenge. It aims to launch new apps and update the existing ones. Recently the Digital India Atma Nirbhar Bharat App has been initiated by the government. This has been done in joint collaboration with the Ministry of electronics and information technology along with Atal innovation Mission or the Niti Aayog. However, details of the scheme are also available on the official portal of the scheme.
|Launch of innovation challenge||4th Jul|
|Evacuation by the higher authorities||27th Jul to 3Rd Aug|
|Last date of submission||18th Jul at 5:30 P.M|
|Screening of the entries made||20th Jul to 24th Jul|
|Date of final announcement||7th Aug|
The challenge has been initiated by Ministry of Electronics and IT
Purpose of app challenge
The main idea behind the app challenge is to identify the best Indian applications and consider their potentiality to rank among the top-rated ones in the categories
Incentive and rewards
The app offers different cash rewards and incentives through which the Indian startups are encouraged to offer hassle-free tech solutions. However, the technology solutions will be available for citizens all over the world.
Therefore, through the successful launch of the challenge, it will be easy to encourage startups to come up with better apps in India.
Terms and conditions
1. The app challenge is open for all Indian citizens to take part in it
2. The final decision and selection of the candidates will be done by the Ministry of Electronics and IT or MeitY
3. After the candidates submit their application in the contest, they warrant that they have done with correct details and they do not intend to violate the laws by any misuse. Participants also want that there are no obligations in terms or legal or other matters in the contest. The restrictions should be strictly followed by the candidates taking part in it. Upon submission of the application, the candidates adhere to the rules and get better approval before taking part in it.
4. The participants need to agree that MeitY will share the candidates’ information with reviewers and panel members before considering the candidate’s final participation.
5. There is no requirement for intellectual property rights or IPR that candidates get after applying.
6. In this relation, the government has the right to publish information related to the name, key features, developer details, summary and the team details of the application
7. When a candidate enters the contest, and upon form submission, they agree to release MeitY for any loss, rights, damage and the like actions arising from the following situations
- Disqualification of candidate violating the rules
- Late, delayed, lost, misdirected, incomplete, or any illegible entries in the contest form
- For any incomplete, delayed or failed transmissions
- For any program failure, network or internet issues, malfunctions
- Any situation outside the control of MeitY that can disrupt the smooth flow of the contest
- Injuries or losses or any damage relating to the participation of the candidates in the contest
Innovation app challenge include the following categories
- Social networking
- Health and wellness
- Office productivity level along with work from home
Top performers will be given rewards and cash awards if their apps are featured and chosen among the top ones. For the candidate occupying the first position will be given rupees 20 lakhs, the second position will get rupees 15 lakhs, and the third position will get rupees 10 lakhs. In addition to this, sub-categories have also been introduced. The prize details are rupees 5 lakhs for the 1st winner, rupees 3 lakhs for the second winner, and rupees 2 lakhs for the winner of the third position.
The amount for the 1st prize is rupees 20 lakhs.
The amount for the 1st prize is rupees 15 lakhs.
Rupees 10 lakhs would be given as 3rd prize.
The prize details under the sub categories are rupees 5 lakhs as the 1stprize, rupees 3 lakhs for the second winner, and rupees 2 lakhs for the third prize.
The last date of submission is 18th July, 2020 at 5:30 P.M.