Baal Aadhaar Card Online Application (UIDAI Blue Coloured Card for Children)
The Unique Identification Authority of India has launched a new facility of Aadhar Card and that is called Baal Aadhar Card. It is a new variant of Aadhar card and that is only entitled for kids. The specialty of the Adhaat Card is that it is issued to kids who are 5 years old. In order to issue the card the candidate needs not to provide biometry at the time of registration. The guardian of the kid can go to the local Common Service Centre’s official website. Or people with no technological knowledge can visit the nearest Aadhar Seva Kedra. The facility is for the babies who are new born and the card is valid for 5 years. It is a blue Aadhar Card and after the kid turn 6 the parents need to update the card.
In most cases the government identity cards are made when the candidates turn 18 so the Baal Aadhar Card is a new concept. There is a reason behind not taking biometric information for the blue Aadhar Card and that is, a baby’s finger prints and retina are not fully developed like adults. So scanning the retina and fingers will be of no use. But, like adult’s Aadhar Card the blue card also requires some documents and the registration process are given below.
The application process of Baal Aadhar Card
- In order to apply for the Aadhar Card parents need to visit the official website and the link is uidai.gov.in
- Once you visit the website you will get the home page of the portal. On the ho,me page you will find an option ‘Get Aadhar’. Once you click on the option you will be redirected to a new page and there you will find ‘Book an Appointment’.
- There is an another way of applying for the blue Aadhar card by going to the direct link.
- After visiting the link you will get an option ‘Book an Appointment at UIDAI run Aadhaar Seva Kendra’. You need to enter the city where you live. You can also book an appoint on that link.
- You need to click on ‘Proceed to book Appointment’ and once you click on that you will be able to do online application for your kid’s Aadhar.
The documentrequired for application
If the parents are going to register their newborn then the discharge slip will be enough for registration. The parents can also produce birth certificate of the baby instead of discharge slip of hospital. But the Aadhar Card of one of the parents is required for registering your newborn. In case of a child who is enrolled to school, for him/her the school identity card is the primary document for the registration. Apart from the identification card parents can submit the bonafide statement of the school regarding the child.
The Aadhar Cards for kids is an innovative step as the government of India never had identification proof for the kids. Having this card will help the kids and the parents to travel on flight or train and even in the hotel the card will be helpful. Along with that, kids from BPL families will get subsidy on different sectors.
Other links –