Balasaheb Thackeray Anna-rath (Shiv Thali) – Rs. 10 Meal Canteen Scheme Maharashtra
As soon as the Shiv Sena government was formed in Maharashtra, they launched a 10 rupees mobile meal scheme named Balasaheb Thackeray Anna-rath. This scheme will provide food to the underprivileged people. The meal will come at 10 rupees that is subsidized rate. The scheme was launched on 6th December, 2019. The scheme was launched at an event called Mulund which was also Ambedkar Mahaparinirvan Divas. This launch detail of the scheme is given below in tabular form.
|Name of the scheme||Balasaheb Thackeray Anna-rath|
|Launched by||Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar|
|Dace of launch||December, 2019|
|Place of launch||Maharashtra|
|Target people||Poor people o the state|
|Monitored by||Shiv Sena government|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme- The scheme is aimed at providing food to the poor at cheap price. This is considered as the Maharashtra govt.’s common minimum program and it is launched as a pilot project.
- Idea of the scheme- The Hinduhridaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Anna-rath is basically a vehicle that will sell meals at 10 rupees for the economically backward people in Maharashtra.
- Meal menu-The meal will consist of 3 chapatis, vegetable rice and dal, and a dessert. The meal will be completely vegetarian and it will be prepared by Shetty’s Shree Swami Charitable Trust.
- Mode of work- The meal will be sold on mobile van so it can cover a large area. If the scheme becomes successful then it will be extend to other areas as well.
- Name of the meal- According to the government the meal will be named as shiv Thali. The government said that the menu will change every day without changing the theme of the meal.
It is undoubtedly an excellent initiative taken by the Maharashtra government to provide food to the marginal people. This type of initiative was first seen in Tail Nadu and then Karnataka, now Maharashtra has joined the league to fulfill fundamental needs of residents of the state. It is being said that if the scheme turns out to be fruitful to the urban poor and the rural people of the state then the government with expand the reach. Therefore, it can be said that due to the launch of the scheme many people who used to live on one meal will get proper nutritious food.
Other links –