Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana Odisha 2019-20 [Eligibility, Application Form Process, Documents, Senior Citizen]
Tirtha Yatra or pilgrimage has always been an important part of Indian culture. This is the reason the tourism department of Odisha has decided to launch a scheme called Baristha NagarikaTtirtha Yatra. The scheme was launched keeping the thought about the underprivileged older people of the state who are wishing to go on a pilgrimage but cannot afford the trip. The scheme was launched on 1st February, 2016. The Odisha government has collaborated with IRCTC in order to launch the scheme. The details of the scheme are given below in a tabular form.
|Name of the scheme||Baristha Nagarika Tirtha Yatra Yojana|
|Launch date||1st February, 2016|
|Launched by||The tourism department of Odisha|
|Target people||Economically backward senior citizens|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme- The scheme is helping the economically backward senior citizens to fulfilling their wish to on pilgrimage to some religious place.
- Joint venture- In order to help the elderly people of Odisha the tourism department of Odisha has collaborated with IRCTC.
- Facilities- The government will be providing accommodation to the beneficiaries along with quality vegetarian meals. Along with that the beneficiary will get road transport and tour guide, medical facilities and travel insurance.
- Choosing the destination- The destination will be chosen by the tourism department consulting with IRCTC.
- Letting the people know- The administration department of state government will do all the publicity to inform the people about the scheme.
- Selection procedure- In order to keep the selection procedure a special cell will be formed to scrutinize every application.
Eligibility criteria for the scheme
- Age limit for the scheme- In order to apply for the scheme the candidates need to be 60 to 75 years old.
- Domiciliary criteria- The scheme is applicable for the elder citizens who are the permanent resident of state.
- Physical fitness- According to the rules of the scheme, the physical fitness has to be up to the mark. The candidates should not have any contagious disease.
- Payment for the attendant- According to the rules of the scheme, an attendant can go along with the beneficiary who is above 70 years old. In that case, one needs to pay 50% of the trip fare in bank draft.
- Age of the attendant- In order to accompany the elderly beneficiary the attendant needs to be above 18 years old.
- Application for married couple-According to the rules of the scheme, elderly married couple can apply for the scheme jointly. Even though the application will be considered as one but the facilities will be provided separately.
- Age of the married couple- In order to apply as married couple the spouse has to be 60 years old.
- Number of benefit- Under the scheme the applicant will get the benefit only for once in a lifetime.
- Address proof- The candidates need to provide address proof like ration card during the time of application.
- Income proof- The candidates need to submit their source of income and for that they need to submit job card, pension card, in caser of widow women they need to produce window card.
- Other document- In order to prove yourself as a weaker part of the society one needs to provide any state government-authorized document.
- Medical certificate- As the scheme asks the beneficiary to be healthy so during application the candidate needs to submit medical report.
How to apply for the scheme?
- Filling in the form–
To apply for the scheme the candidates need to visit http://www.odishatourism.gov.in/ there they will get application form. They need to download the form and fill in with appropriate information.
- Submitting the form–
Once the form fill up is completed the candidates need to submit the form at the respective District Collector’s or Tourism Officer’s office.
- Attaching the proof–
While submitting the form the candidates need to submit all the documents that are mentioned above along with 2 passport size photographs.
- Attendant application–
While application for the scheme the attendant’s application is also done simultaneously.
From the above information it is evident that the scheme is a commendable measure taken by the tourism department Odisha. There are people who have reached 70 and hoping to fulfill their spiritual wish to go on a pilgrimage at least for once. But, due to poor financial condition they cannot attain the wish. Now, with the help of the scheme they can visit a religious place; therefore, the scheme has become a support to the elderly people.
Other links –