DHE Odisha Scheme for UPSC Civil Service Coaching 2019-20 [Application Form Online, Check Eligibilty Criteria, Last date]
The DHE Odisha Scheme is the latest announcement that has been made by the CM of the state. The success of this student welfare project has been targeted towards offering poor but meritorious candidates a chance to prepare appropriately for central and state level administrative exams, without going out of the state for joining a coaching center.
|Name of the scheme||DHE Odisha Scheme (Department of Higher Education )|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Date of launch||May 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||UPSC examination aspirants|
|Supervised by||Higher Education Department of Odisha|
|Mode of application||Online registration|
|Commencement of online registration||27th May 2019|
|Conclusion of online registration||10th June 2019|
|Beneficiary list publication||12th June 2019|
|Last date for taking admission in the coaching centers||20th June 2019|
|Start of the coaching classes||24th June 2019|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of higher education – The scope for higher education is somewhat limited. This scheme will help in the creation of coaching centers, which will prepare the meritorious students so that they can crack the preliminary and main examination easily.
- UPSC examination aspirants only – The primary aim of the Odisha government is to increase the participation of the students of this state in the UPSC examinations. Apart from central exams, applicants will also be able to prepare for state-level administrative examinations.
- Total number of students – The scheme draft has made it clear that the Odisha Higher Education Department will select only 100 students, who will be able to take admission in the coaching centers. The students will be divided into two separate batches, each group consisting of 50 students.
- Batch timings – As per the scheme rules, two batches will be held for the convenience of the students. The morning batch will start from 7:30 am in the morning and will extend till 10 am. The students who want to come in the evening batch will have to reach class by 5:45 pm as the classed will start from 6 pm and continue till 8:30 pm.
- Preparation module – In the coaching centers, the selected beneficiaries will be able to prepare for the preliminary level exams as well as the main written examination.
- Total coaching fee – The total preparation fee has been estimated to be Rs. 82,600. However, not all will be able to arrange such a high payment.
- Student-government contribution – The implementation of this student welfare scheme has been done to enable poor students to opt for UPSC coaching classes. Every student will have to pay only Rs. 20,650, while the remaining Rs. 61,950 will be deposited by the state government.
- Classes in English – It has also been highlighted in the scheme details that the coaching classes will be conducted in English only. It will also help students with developing their spoke English.
- No hostel facility – The scheme only offers coaching facilities. All students will have to take care of their shelter and fooding arrangements on their own.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – The scheme will only allow legal residents of Odisha to enroll for the scheme. The scanned copies of the legal residential documents must be furnished as well.
- Academic requirement – Only those applicants will be allowed to register for the scheme, which has passed their graduation or post-graduation successfully from a reputed institute. The copies of mark sheets must be attached with the enrollment form.
- UPSC attempt-related requirement – Only those candidates will be able to become a part of the coaching class who can sit for the UPSC examinations for another two terms.
- Attendance requirement – It is mandatory for the students to have an attendance rate of 90% and above. If the attendance rate is low, then they will be asked to sight reasons. If deemed fit, they can be rusticated as well.
- Previous exam clearance papers – In case the applicant has cleared the preliminary or main written exam, then those copies of those certificates must be submitted. If any candidate has been called for the interview round but did not advance from there, then the copy of the call letter must be produced as well.
How to get the application form and register online?
- The Odisha government has announced that the online portal is ready to accept the applications from interested candidates. All enrollments will be done through this portal. To log in for registration, applicants need to click on the link dheodisha.gov.in.
- Once the homepage opens, applicants will have to click on another link that has been marked as “Scheme for UPSC Civil Service Coaching.” It will open a new page in a new tab.
- In the new page, candidates will be able to locate the tab that is marked as “Student Registration.”
- It will open a small box where the applicants will have to type in their names, email ID, and active mobile number.
- After this, they will have to click on the option that is marked as “Generate OTP.”
- It will trigger the site to send the OTP to the email address and to the mobile number as an SMS.
- After typing in the verification code, applicants must click on the button that is marked as “Submit.”
- For filling up the digitized enrollment form, applicants will have to officially log in on the portal, by entering the phone number and password.
- After successfully logging in, they can get the application form by clicking on a separate link.
- Once the online registration form pops up, applicants will have to type in their personal and academic details.
- They will also have to upload a recent photograph. Additionally, applicants will have to scan and upload copies of the necessary documents.
- The form must be checked to ensure that there are no errors in the data. If everything is in order, then applicants must click on the “Submit” button to save the registration.
- After the end of the application, all these enrollment documents will be checked, and the list of beneficiaries will be uploaded on the portal.
Background details of the scheme
The scope for Administrative and Academic Career development was almost absent in Odisha. There were no proper coaching centers, where students can get assistance while preparing for civil service examinations. Many young government job aspirants want to sit for the civil service examinations once they pass their college or university courses. Lack of coaching facilities compels such students to travel to cities like Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai for taking admission in the coaching centers. However, it is not a feasible option for students who belong to financially weaker sections. The bigger cities not only have a number of reputed coaching centers, but students will be able to prepare better for the exams as they can get help from the fully-stocked libraries. Apart from the hefty admission fee, students have to maintain a contingency fund for meeting their food, lodging, and travel expenses in the new cities.
Under this scheme, the Odisha government will officially establish modern coaching centers, where top-notch faculty members will be teaching them the tricks of cracking the UPSC examination. With the implementation of the DHE Odisha, the government will select credible coaching centers and offer financial assistance, so that these centers can impart adequate training to the UPSC aspirants.
Helpline number and website address
Interested candidates can acquire more information about the features and application procedure by calling on the helpline numbers 7656949029 and 0674-2531977. Apart from this, details of the scheme are also posted on the authorized portal. The address of this website is http://dheodisha.gov.in/Higher-Education/.
The craze for government jobs, especially UPSC is high amount the aspirants. But many meritorious students cannot afford the coaching as they cannot pay the hefty fee that the UPSC examination coaching centers charge. The Odisha government has paved the path for such students to attain coaching and get a shot at making their dreams a reality. Beneficiaries of this scheme will no longer have to worry about expensive coaching centers, as they will be taught by the best in the business.
Other links –