Tamil Nadu Doorstep Aadhaar Enrollment
for Kids Below 5 Years
[Application Form, Eligibility Criteria,Documents]
The central government implemented a mammoth project, with UIDAI to collect and record the personal and biometric details of all Indian Citizens. The scheme was named the Aadhar Enrollment Program. However, children below the age of five years were kept out as their biometric patterns are not fully developed before that age. Plus, it is difficult for parents of young children to take them to the data collection centers. To eliminate this handicap, the state government of Tamil Nadu has implemented the Doorstep Aadhar Enrolment Scheme for Kids. Under this scheme, children’s data will be collected from their home with the help of special machines, available in a kit. This kit will be offered by state authority to official on this duty.
|Name of the scheme||Doorstep Aadhar Enrolment Scheme For Kids|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Launched by||Karuppa Gounder Palanisamy|
|Date of launch||17th December 2018|
|Target beneficiaries||Children below the age of 5 years|
|Supervised by||Tamil Nadu State Authority|
Key features of the scheme
- Registration of the children – The main objective of the scheme is to record details of children who are less than five years of age. It will help the state authority to follow up the details and set up developmental schemes.
- Implementation of the scheme – The implementation of the scheme will be done through the officials, who are directly associated with the Social Welfare Department.
- Total number of kits – As of now, the CM of Tamil Nadu has already distributed 7 Aadhar enrollment kits. It has the plan to offer around 1,302 kits for better registration of children’s biometric data.
- Registration of expecting and lactating females – The scheme will also target those women who are either pregnant or lactating. It will help officials keep track of babies, which need to be registered under the scheme.
- Inclusion of Anganwadi workers – The state desires to pave the path for the inclusion of the Anganwadi workers in the registration activities as well. The authority is counting on these heath care workers to popularize the scheme.
- Total number of children schemes – Apart from this, the state authority will also take necessary steps to implement 434 developmental projects, which have been targeted towards children. Aadhar enrollment of children will enable them to attain governmental benefits.
- Contents of the kit – Apart from the biometric data recording items, each kit also contains a laptop. The gears will record finger prints and scan baby’s eyes, while the laptop will come in handy to organize the data in proper manner.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residential requirement – This scheme has been implemented for the babies who are born within the borders of Tamil Nadu. Thus, parents will have to showcase residential proof to attain this registration.
- Birth certificate – All parents must submit the birth certificate of the children. The officials will check the data and identify the age of the child. Apart from this, the state authority has not yet announced any other requirement.
Application Form and Process :
The state government has just announced the scheme. It has not yet announced anything about the application process. If it comes out with any application form related information, then you will get it on this site. However, its implementation process has been announced. Officials will go to the residence of the children and collect their biometric data. Thus, parents need not wait in long lines, outside any Aadhar enrollment center.