Fee waiver scheme in Assam 2019-20 (Eligiblity Critera, Application Form)
The Assam fee waiver scheme has increased the parental income limit. According to the new rules of the scheme, students can get free admission in UG, and PG course provided the annual income of their parents in less than 2 lakhs. The following part of the article would take through other details relating to the above-said scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of scheme is||Fee waiver scheme in Assam|
|Scheme has been announced by||Assam government|
|Scheme has been launchedon||June 2019|
|Main target of the scheme is to||Waive admission fees for UG and PG level|
|Colleges whose fees will be waived are||provincialized and government colleges including 5 state universities |
What are the highlighting features of Assam Fee Waiving scheme?
- If parents are working in state or central jobs, they have to produce relevant salary slip at the time of admission in colleges for the students.
- For the ones working in the private sector, annual salary should be less than 2 lakhs per annum. However, they have to produce salary slip indicating less salary below the margin.
- Other than the above two conditions, if parents are not working in private or state government sector, they should produce a certificate from circle office at the time of application for the scheme.
- The scheme would provide benefit to all persons with a disability, even without considering their annual income. The relevant certificate and document should be produced at the time application.
- The scheme would benefit near about 1.38 lakh students during the 2016-2017 year. However, the central government has made up for almost rupees 44 crore that has been spent by the colleges due to this fee waiving scheme.
What are the eligibility criteria for the scheme?
- Parental annual income – In order to avail the benefits given under the above-said scheme, the annual parental income of the students should be less than 2 lakhs. Irrespective of the sector they work in, they have to produce relevant documents at the time of applying for the scheme.
- UG and PG courses – The above-said scheme would waive fees only for students who are taking admission in UG and PG courses in the first year. However, fees waiving will not be considered for any other college courses.
- Students of Assam – Only college students of Assam would be allowed to get the benefits of the scheme. However, students from other states will not be allowed to get the benefits.
Documents required and Application process of the scheme
- Income certificate – Students have to submit income certificate of their parents as it would be required to know whether their annual income is less than 2 lakhs or not. For the ones whose annual income is more than 2 lakhs, they will not be eligible to get benefits under the scheme.
- Identity proof – The students should be from UG or PG colleges of Assam. It also includes 5 state universities. Other than this, students from other institutions of other states will not get benefits from the scheme. So, students have to product Aadhaar card and other relevant details.
- Education proof –Only UG and PG students are allowed to get the scheme. Students from no other classes or courses can apply for this scheme. However, the state government is also asking college authorities to introduce professional subjects for the good of the students.
Therefore, the Fee waiver scheme would help economically challenged students who are willing to pursue UG and PG courses. This would help the students to complete their education, and they will not have to stop their UG or PG courses due to financial issues. The state government is planning for effective implementation of fee waiving scheme.
Other links –