Free Coaching Scheme for SC / OBC Students (Apply Online at coaching.dosje.gov.in, Eligibility, documents, course, last date, how to apply, portal, 6,000 rs stipend, list of empanelled coaching institutions)
The future of the nation depends on youngsters. These individuals will work for the betterment of the country, and contribute towards national prosperity. Proper education and professional success are necessary to achieve the end goal. Central and state governments conduct entrance examinations for job enthusiasts. Students must crack examinations to cement their place in colleges and universities for higher studies. Adequate coaching can make this task easy. However, not every aspirant has the financial capacity to pay for these coaching classes. The central government has come to the rescue of financially marginalized pupils with Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students. If you want to know more about this educational development scheme, then read this article.
Free Coaching Scheme Launch details
|Name of the scheme||Free Coaching Scheme for SC and OBC Students|
|Launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Announced by||Thawar Chand Gehlot|
|Application process starts on||September 2020|
|Application process ends on||18th September 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Schedule Caste and OBC srydents|
|Supervised by||Social Justice and Empowerment Department of India|
Key features of the Free Coaching Scheme
- Betterment of students – The implementation of this program will financial assists and mentally encourage the meritorious candidates to make a better life for themselves.
- Financial assistance – The central government will pay sufficient amount to the beneficiaries so that they can pay the fee for the coaching classes.
- Marginalized applicants – The scheme has been designed and developed for poor students, belonging to schedule caste (SC) and other backwards categories (OBCs).
- Amount offered for local pupils – The minister stated that the local students, opting for the coaching classes will receive a scholarship of Rs. 3000.
- Amount offered for outstation candidates – For beneficiaries who have come to a new city to partake in the coaching sessions, the grant amount is Rs. 6000.
- Additional financial grant – Physically disabled students may hire people to help them to move from one place to another. An additional grant of Rs. 2000 will be offered to handicap beneficiaries to meet this expense.
- Number of seats – As of now, the central government will sponsor the coaching lessons for 2000 candidates.
- Implementation of the scheme – All colleges, universities and coaching centers, registered by the government can take part in this scheme. NGOs and reputed private coaching classes have been included in this program.
- Mode of money transfer – The central government has mentioned that the selected beneficiaries will receive the fiscal grant in their bank accounts, via Direct benefit Transfer mode.
- UPSC, SSC and Railway examination for group A and B.
- State Public Service Commission examination for group A and B.
- Examinations conduction by banks, PSUs and insurance companies for officer post.
- Coaching to crack JEE-IIT, Medical, AIEEE, CAT and CLAT examinations.
- Coaching to crack qualifying exams of GRE, SAT, TOEFL and GMAT.
Eligibility for the applicants
- Residential criterion – All applicants must be legal and permanent citizens of India.
- For students – If the applicant has not been selected by the coaching institute as a student, then he/she will be barred from obtaining the scholarship.
- Caste requirement – Only the members of OBC and SC categories will be considered under this scheme.
- Family income requirement – If the annual income of the family of the applicant crosses the Rs. 8 lakh mark, he/she will not be allowed to partake in this scheme.
- Only two chances – It has been mentioned in the scheme details that every beneficiary will get the financial benefits two times.
Documents necessary for application
- Residential proof – The applicants must provide scanned copies of Aadhar and Voter Cards for verification.
- Coaching class documents – The applicant must submit the documents, issued by the coaching institute. The document must highlight the course that the candidate is attending.
- Caste certificate – All candidates must furnish a copy of their caste certificates, as issued by the Indian Government.
- Income certificate – It is mandatory for the interested applicant to attach a copy of the family income certificate.
How to get application form and register?
- Online registration – To make the application process easy, the central government has opted for the portal based enrollment. A website for this scheme has been launched recently. If any applicant wants to enroll for this project, he/she must click on the link .
- Official login – At the bottom of the home page, candidates will see the “Log in” option. He/she must click on this link.
- Online registration form – Clicking on the “log in” option will trigger the portal to open a new page. Here, candidates will get the virtual enrollment form.
- Form fill-up – The applicants must fill in the fields mentioned in the online form with proper details.
- Attaching documents – The scanned copies of all the important documents must be attached with the virtual registration form,
- Form submission – Applicants must check the documents to rectify any mistakes. If everything is in order, they must click on the “Submit” button. It will save the application in the central database.
How to check the status of the application?
- As candidates will get the opportunity to apply via the online mode, candidates need to access the official portal to check the registration status.
- Soon the respective department will update the website and add the link to check the application status.
Ans: Two chances
Students, hailing from the financial weak families, are often compelled to discard their dreams of higher education. With the implementation of this scheme, eligible applicants, selected from all over the country will obtain a shot to accomplish their academic dreams. The Prime Minister is determined to revamp the education structure in the country, and provide this basic right to all students.
Other links –