Free Laptop Distribution Scheme in Tamil Nadu for school students 2019 [Eligibility Criteria, Laptop Specification Model, Application Form Process, Students list]
Free laptop distribution scheme has been initiated by Tamil Nadu government for government schools and colleges. This will help the students to have access to internet connection and know about computer functions well. In addition, the students will get to know about technology driver leaning methods.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Free laptop distribution scheme |
|Supervised by||Tamil Nadu State government|
|Mode of registration||Online registration|
|Target beneficiary||Higher Secondary students|
|Total amount spent on the scheme is||5,520.49 crores|
Key features of the scheme
- Main objective – The free laptop distribution scheme has been started with the objective of introducing technology-based education method. Moreover, the laptops will be given so that students are able to get better educational skills. Other than this, the scheme will help students to connect with the digital world. Thus, the poor students will be benefitted by the scheme.
- Target beneficiaries – This scheme has been aimed for the students of class 9 and class 10 both to government and schools which are assisted by the government.
- Extension of state government scheme – This scheme is the extended part of Special Programme Implementation Department that initiated in 2011. According to its 7th phase during 2017-2018, almost 5.3 lakh students are given free laptops. An amount of rupees 758 crores have been provided by the state government. But according to the 2018-19 budget, a total of 5.5 lakh students will get free laptops.
However, the previous scheme initiated by the Tamil Nadu state government was aimed for students of class XI and XII. Pertaining to this, near about 38 lakh computers will be distributed under this scheme. In this way, with the help of the state government, it will be easy to reduce the financial burden on the students. Some basic software relating to education will be pre-installed in the laptops.
Eligibility Criteria for the scheme
- Higher secondary students – The scheme is applicable to 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th students, so that they are able to acquire better skills and implement the same in their education.
- Residential proof – The applicants should belong to Tamil Nadu, and they have to provide necessary documents to prove that they are the permanent resident of the state.
- Online registration – To avail benefits under this scheme, students have to apply for the same via the online mode after the official declaration of the scheme by the state government.
Application form and process of free laptop distribution scheme
The higher secondary school students can apply to avail the benefits of the scheme. The application procedure has to be taken place via the online mode. No other procedure has been declared yet by the state government. As soon as it comes up, the targeted students will be the first one to know about it.
Documents required for availing benefits of scheme
- Residential proof – The students should belong to Tamil Nadu, otherwise, they will not be able to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Educational proof – As an educational proof, students should produce necessary documents that they belong to a higher secondary section.
- Annual income –The students also need to produce the annual income that will help the state government authority to analyze whether the student is in desperate need of the laptop or not.
However, by the implementation of this scheme, it will help to empower students and help them to acquire computer skills. This will also help the students to get easily connected with the rest of the world. Thus, by this excellent initiative of the state government, the higher secondary students will be helped immensely.
Other links –