Gujarat Saraswati (Sarasvati) Sadhana Yojana 2019-20
Free Bicycle Scheme for SC Girls [Eligibility Criteria]
The scheme was implemented by the government of Gujarat. The scheme called Saraswati Sadhana Yojana was made to offer free bicycles to the school going girls and belong from scheduled caste family. The Department of Social justice and Empowerment was given the responsibility to implement the scheme for distributing free cycles for the scheduled caste girls in Gujarat.
Launch details of Saraswati Sadhana Yojana
|Name of the scheme||Saraswati Sadhana Yojana|
|Target beneficiaries are||SC girls studying in class IX|
|Scheme has been launched by||Government of Gujarat|
|The scheme offers||Free bicycle|
|Launch date of the scheme||March 2019|
What are the features of the Sarasvati Sadhana Yojana?
- Objectives – The scheme is aimed to enhance the enrollment of the girls in the secondary and higher secondary level. The scheme is believed to be beneficial by reducing the number of dropouts from school. The number of dropouts is significantly higher among the girls belong to the under privileged section of the society.
- Beneficiary of the scheme – The girls who are studying in class nine and belonging from a scheduled caste community are eligible to become the beneficiaries.
- Offer of the scheme – Bicycle for the girls who are class IX and coming from scheduled caste family.
- The education that is provided in the tenth grade is considered as crucial as it builds the base of the students. The secondary education that the students receive in the 10th standard helps them to proceed not only towards higher education but also to the practical field of work.
- According to the surveys, girls from the marginal section of the society tend to discontinue education due to the lack of adequate facilities. This is the reason the government of Gujarat launched the scheme called, Saraswati Sadhana Yojana to encourage the girls from scheduled caste community to continue education. The scheme will provide free cycle to the girls from the government or government-aided schools.
Eligibility for availing the Sarasvati Sadhana Yojana
The beneficiary has to be 14 to 18 years old girl studying in class IX.
- The beneficiary has to be from the scheduled caste family.
- To avail the scheme one has to be the permanent resident of the state.
- In rural areas, the family income of the girls is needed to remain below one lakh twenty thousand rupees. When it comes to the urban area, the family income should not be exceeding one lakh fifty thousand.
Documents required for registration
- One needs to produce the birth certificate during the time of registration.
- The case certificate is required to be submitted.
- The candidate needs to produce ration or Aadhaar card as residential proof.
- To avail the benefit of the scheme the candidate need to show the certificate of family’s income.
How to know about the Sarasvati Sadhana Yojana 2019
The primary purpose of the scheme is to increase the overall matriculation ratio for higher education. According to the government of Gujarat, the scheme will resolve the issues that are stopping the girls to participate in education. The scheme is aimed at promoting education among girls that will eventually improve the overall rate of education. The detail of the scheme is available at the website of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment. The link is given below.
According to the government, the scheme is beneficial for the girls from the scheduled caste community in Gujarat. It is assumed that Saraswati Sadhana Yojana will help to increase the number of girls in school as the girls could commute to the school by riding the bicycle. The scheme is believed to be the solution of security-related issues for the girls.
Other links –