Gyan Deepika Scheme In Assam 2020
(Fee waiver, free uniforms , E-Bikes , Educational Loan Subsidy Yojana ) Students
[Application Form, Apply,Eligibility Criteria, Documents]
State survey reports suggest that due to lack of facilities and overall poverty of people in Assam, many meritorious candidates are not getting the opportunity to fulfill their dreams of higher education. To eliminate these evils, the state government has now announced a new scheme, which will change the entire face of education sector in Assam. Students, from school to college levels will acquire several benefits under the Gyan Deepika Scheme. For more information about the features, eligibility, necessary documents and application process, continue reading this article.
|Name of the scheme||Gyan Deepika Scheme|
|Launched by||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Date of announcement||February 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||School and college students|
Key features of Gyan Deepika Scheme
- Development of education – This single scheme offers several benefits for the student community. Thus, its successful implementation will ensure the development of the Assam education system.
- Discount on admission fee – The students who are willing to join the graduation level courses will also attain a certain discount on the total fee of the course. It will only be available for students who meet a certain income criterion.
- Subsidy on hostel fee – There are many students who live in hostels as their homes are far from the educational institute. Assam CM said that all such students will receive a subsidy of Rs. 700 on the fee. This facility will be available for 10 months.
- Free school uniforms – All students, who managed to get promoted to class 9 and 10 will receive free school uniform from the state government.
- Free books – Apart from school dresses, the authority will shell out adequate funds to provide all students with free school books. This facility will be available for all students, studying till class 12.
- E-bikes for easy travel – There is a special surprise for female students who secure first division in the 12th class final examination. The state government will gift an e-bike to each student. The bikes will make it easy for them to travel from their homes to the college.
- Subsidy on education loan – It is common for students to reach out to financial institutes for education loans for funding higher education. In the 2019 – 2020 Assam budget, the authority has announced that all such candidates will attain a subsidy of Rs. 50,000 on the education loan.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Residents of Assam – All aspects of this project will be monitored by the Assam government. Thus, students who are legal residents of the state and have supporting residential documents to prove it will be able to attain these benefits.
- Must be students – The scheme is only for school students and those who are preparing to get into the college for graduation courses.
- Income criterion – Students who desire to get the benefits of college admission fee discount will have to submit the income certificate of their parents. They will only attain this perk if the annual income of their family does not cross the Rs. 1 lakh mark.
- School details – All students, who are in school, will have to submit their documents, issued by the school authority.
- Education loan papers – To get the subsidy, under the academic loan category, applicants will have to submit copies of the credit issuance documents.
- College details – If applicants desire to get the discount on the college admission fee, then they will have to furnish the admission and fee related documents with the application form.
- Hostel admission – To get the subsidy on the hostel fee, students will have to submit their hostel registration documents.
How to get enrollment form and apply for Gyan Deepika Scheme?
The Assam state budget was just announced in February. The scheme has only been announced, and so there is still time for its implementation. The state authority will soon release the application related details. When the data comes out, you will get it on this site. We will give a details description of the application procedure, and from where, candidates will be able to get the application forms.
Education will help the future generation to pave the path for their prosperity. With the implementation of this project, students from all categories will be able to attain education support. This is not the only scheme that the government is planning on commissioning. There are a host of other projects, which have been announced. These will be implemented as soon as possible. The government will make necessary adjustments on this educational scheme as well. With this, the authority will be able to extend a helping hand to as many students as possible.