Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana in Madhya Pradesh (IGJY) 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, Application Process, Panjikarana, Subsidy Rate]
There is a huge disparity between demand and supply of power. The cost of per unit power is high, and thus, not many poor people can use this facility. But the Madhya Pradesh government has announced a new scheme that will help the poor with their power bills. The name of this new developmental project is Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana. Under this scheme, applicants will have to pay very less money, if they keep their power consumption within a certain limit. Read this article to know more about the features, eligibility, documents required and application process.
|Name of the scheme||Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana or IGJY|
|Launched in||Madhya Pradesh|
|Launched by||CM Kamal Nath|
|Date of announcement||February 2019|
|Estimated implementation||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||People of the state|
Key features of the Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana
- Development and power supply – The primary objective of the project is to create a robust power supply chain. Apart from this, the development of the poor and needy, and offering then power at low rates is another concern.
- Power consumption limit – The scheme highlights that the applicants will get special benefits on their electricity bill only if they consume less than 100 units on a monthly basis.
- Payment for power – If the households, which applied under the scheme, keep their power consumption within the specified amount, then they will have to pay only Rs. 100 for the bill.
- Payment in case of over-consumption – It has been clearly mentioned in the scheme details that in case any household, registered under the scheme, consumes more than 100 units of power, then the applicant will have to pay the total bill, generated by the power company. Such applicants will not attain the subsidy benefit for that month.
- Budgetary allocation – It has been mentioned in the cabinet meeting that the state government will shell out Rs. 226 crore for the successful implementation of this project.
Eligibility and documents necessary for Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana
- For the residents only – The Madhya Pradesh government will be spending a lot of money for the development and implementation of this scheme. Thus, it is obvious that only legal residents of this area will be allowed to get the perks. All applicants will have to furnish a copy of their residential certificates.
- Personal ID – Applicants must submit their voter or Aadhar or ration card for personal background checks.
- Must be financially weak – The state government has announced this scheme for the benefit of those who are financial incapable for paying the high electricity bills. Thus, proper financial certificates must be submitted for authentication.
- For all castes – There is no caste-bar on this scheme. Every general caste as well as those who fall under any reservation quota will be able to apply for this benefit.
- Must have power connection – The scheme will be implemented for people who already have a power connection. So, each candidate, interested in getting the benefits will have to submit their active power connection documents.
- Limited consumption – It has been mentioned in the scheme that only those applicants will be able to register who do not use up more than 100 units of electricity on a monthly basis. Thus interested applicants will have to submit their electricity bills.
How to apply and get registration documents for Indira Grah Jyoti Yojana
The Madhya Pradesh government has just mentioned the scheme in the cabinet meeting. A lot must be done before the actual launch and implementation begins. The interested residents of the state will have to wait for some months before the scheme actually rolls out. Thus, the state government has not yet announced anything about the registration procedure. It is assumed by experts that the state might keep the provision for both online and offline application. When the application process related news comes out, you will get it first on this link.
It was one of the dreams of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi to offer power connection to all households in the country. In this respect, the central government also implemented several power supply and development related schemes as well. The same has been done by the respective state governments. The final aim of these programs is to offer electricity connection to the remotest home in any area. Proper manufacture, supply and distribution of electricity at low rates will help the country in its overall development.
Other links –