Kanya Sumangala Yojana In Uttar Pradesh UP 2019-20 [Eligibility Criteria, Installment details, Online Application Form Process] (Financial Assistance to Girl Child)
The current Uttar Pradesh government has taken various steps to ensure that the women in the state get a chance to develop their lives. Another scheme, announced in this regard is the Kanya Sumangala Yojana. Under this scheme, the Uttar Pradesh government will give some amount to all girls in the state. If you are interested to know about the scheme’s eligibility, application process, document requirement, etc then read this article carefully.
|Name of the scheme||Kanya Sumangala Yojana|
|Launched in||Uttar Pradesh|
|Launched by||Yogi Adityanath|
|Date of launch||February 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Female candidates|
|Supervised by||Women and Children Development department|
Key features of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Female development and empowerment – The Uttar Pradesh government will offer financial assistance to all female children, born within the state. The financial grant will pave the path for their overall development.
- Financial assistance – The state declared that, total financial assistance that it will offer to eligible applicants is 15000. This will give in 6 phases, the amount will be deposited in a bank account directly, in the name of the girl.
- Money deposited in installments – The state government has announced that the financial assistance will be available in 6 installments.
|Amount offered under the scheme||Time of monetary transfer|
|When the female child is born||Rs. 2000|
|After a span of a year after the administration of necessary vaccinations||Rs. 1000|
|3. Successful admission in standard 1||Rs. 2000|
|4. After successfully getting admission in 6th standard||Rs. 2000|
|5. After the girl gets into class 9||Rs. 3000|
|6. After completing graduation course of 3 years or successfully passing diploma course of 2 years|
|Total monetary assistance||Rs. 15,000|
Eligibility and documents for Kanya Sumangala Scheme
- Residential requirement – Only those female children, who were born within the borders of Uttar Pradesh, in government hospitals will be allowed to attain the benefits. Thus, such documents, highlighting the residential claim of the child must be submitted.
- Family income related criterion –The project guideline highlights that if the total earning of the parents, on a yearly basis exceeds the Rs. 3 lakh mark, then such families will not be included in the reform scheme.
- Birth year related guideline – The scheme will include all the female children, who have been born on or after April, 2019. Thus, a photocopy of the birth certificate must be attached with the application form.
- Guidelines for female children born before the date – There is a special clause for the female children, who were born between 1st April 2018 and 31st March 2019. Such children will only attain the benefits of the scheme, if all the necessary vaccinations have been done on time. Parents need to submit the vaccination documents during application.
- Number of beneficiaries – It has been highlighted in the scheme draft that only two female children will be permitted to attain the monetary perks. In case the mother already has a daughter, and gives birth to twin girls during the next pregnancy, then all the three girls, from that single household will be able to attain the financial assistance.
Required Documents Under Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Birth certificate – All parents will have to attach a copy of the birth certificate, issued by the government agency, with the application document.
- Personal ID documents – Parents must provide the Aadhar card and ration card of the child for background checks.
- Bank account details – There will not be any hand-to-hand money transfer. All beneficiaries will attain the cash in their bank accounts. Thus, every female beneficiary must have an account in her name. Submitting these account details is a must during application.
- Educational papers – The state will only deposit money in the respective bank account if the girl pursues education regularly. Thus, applicants will have to submit mark sheets of 1st, 6th, 9th and graduation passing examinations.
How to get application form and register?
The implementation of this scheme will take some time as has been announced very recently. The authority is taking necessary steps to ensure that the actual implementation starts as soon as possible. When the Uttar Pradesh government will release the enrollment related and application form related details, then you will attain the details on this site.
The state and the nation will fail to develop holistically, if the government ignores the progress of the women. The Uttar Pradesh government will ensure better financial support for the beneficiaries of this project. The scheme will encourage applicants to attain graduation degrees. It will increase the overall rate of literacy in the region. Apart from this, educated application will be able to use their skills and money to start some venture to become financially independent.
Other links –