Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana in Bihar 2019-20
[Eligibility Criteria, Application Form Process, Amount]
The Bihar government has released the Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana for aiming the good well of senior citizens who have attended the age of 60 years. This will start on the 1st of April 2019. Read on to know more about the details of the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme||Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojana
|Beneficiary of the scheme||Senior citizens who have attended 60 years of age
|Scheme will be implemented from||1st of April 2019
|Amount of money given under the scheme||400 rupees on a monthly basis.
|Amount given to journalists is||6, 000 rupees
What are the features of the scheme?
- Main objective of the scheme – The main objective of the scheme is to help the senior citizens of the state live with dignity. This scheme will help to eliminate their miserable condition.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme – The below poverty level candidates who have attained the age of 60 will be able to get the benefits of the scheme. In addition, only citizens of the state can avail the benefits.
- Amount to be given to farmers – According to the Bihar Mukhyamantri Vridha Pension Yojana, the senior citizens will be given an amount of rupees 400 every month.
- For Journalists – In addition to this, Bihar Government also launches Bihar Patrakar Samman Yojana (BPSY) especially for journalists above 60 years. Under the scheme journalists will get an amount of 6,000 per month.
As media person has also been included to provide the benefits of the scheme, it will inspire more people to take up jobs relating to journalism.
Eligibility criteria of the Mukhyamantri Vridha Pension Yojana
- Resident of state – Only the senior citizens who belong to the state of Bihar is eligible to apply for the scheme. Senior citizens belonging to other states cannot get benefits from this scheme.
- Age limit of the candidate – The age limit for applying the scheme is 60 years or above. For candidates under the age of 60 will not be applicable to apply for Universal Old Age Pension Scheme in Bihar.
- Category of workers – Workers who have retired from any government sector services will not be able to apply under this scheme.
- BPL workers – Also, it should be known that the scheme is applicable for the senior citizens who belong to below poverty level.
- There will be no such caste, religion, community barrier for the senior citizens who are applying under this scheme. The citizens who have worked in the field of journalism will be able to avail the benefits under this scheme.
Documents required for the Mukhyamantri Vridha Pension Yojana
- Personal details – As personal details, the person can submit Aadhaar card, ration card, voter ID card that will help to check their background. This will also be required to check the age of the citizen.
- Residential proof – Only the ones who have attained the age of 60 years will be able to get the benefits of the scheme.
Online application of the Mukhyamantri Vridha Pension Yojana
No such information about the application process of the scheme has yet been declared by the state government. But it can be expected that both offline and online mode of application will be introduced by the state for this scheme.
Therefore, by the implementation of the scheme, the senior citizens will be able to lead their lives with dignity and proper financial support.
Other links –