Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana (AB-PMJAY) 2019
[Eligibility Criteria, Toll Free Number, Hospital List, Check Online Beneficiary List]
The central government has planned for the implementation of Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme for improving the medical sector. In addition, with the help of this scheme, the poor section of the society will also be benefited as they will have easy access to medical treatments. It can be regarded as among the biggest scheme that has been planned by the central government for the welfare of common mass.
Launch details of Ayushman Bharat Yojana scheme
|Name of the scheme||Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Ayushman Bharat Yojana|
|The scheme has been launched by||Narendra Modi|
|Scheme implemented and supervised by||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare|
|Target beneficiaries||Poor section of the society|
|Date of launch||September 2018|
|Date of announcement||February 2018|
|Total health coverage amount||Rupees 5 lakhs|
|Number of beneficiary families||10 crore households|
|Toll-free helpline number||14555|
What are the features of the scheme?
- Easy accessibility of healthcare resources – By the introduction of the scheme, it has been possible for the poor section of people of the society to get access to proper healthcare resources. After the implementation of this scheme, people will be able to avail medical facilities easily without any payment problems.
- Renewal of insurance – The scheme will be applicable , and the applicants need not worry about the renewal of the scheme. The applications pertaining to the scheme will be renewed automatically by the higher authority.
- Total health coverage by the scheme – For every family who enrolls under this scheme will be given treatment benefits up to 5 lakhs. The insurance will be given to them for each year.
- Empanelled treatment centers – The cashless treatment facility will be offered both by the government and private hospitals. The health centers should be linked with this scheme in order to provide the required service to the applicants.
- Appointment of Ayushman Mitra – The main responsibility of Ayushman Mitra will be to assist the applicants in getting the required information about the scheme. In addition, Ayushman Mitra will help the applicants so that they get proper treatment under the scheme. Starting from filling the application to availing the benefits at the medical centers, the Ayushman Mitra will help the applicants.
- Toll-free number – A toll-free number has been launched by the central government pertaining to this scheme. The toll-free number is 14555 through which the applicants will be able to get their queries cleared round the clock. Other than this, information will be given from the CSC centers. The applicants can also get in touch with Anganwadi workers who will help you to get the required information about the scheme.
What are the eligibility criteria of the scheme?
- Name in SECC 2011 list – the applicant should have a registration under the 2011 SECC list. If the applicant is not present in this list, they will not be able to get the medical facilities.
- Age criteria – No such specific age criteria have been given pertaining to this scheme. But the junior and the senior citizens will be able to avail the benefits under this scheme. In addition, they will also have to fulfill other conditions in order to be part of this scheme.
- Number of members in a family – No specific number of family members has been stated to become eligible to be part of this scheme. But it can be expected that both large and small size families can attain medical facilities under this scheme.
No Enrollment / Application / Registration Forms to Avail the Benefits
- The scheme has not yet declared any application process. It has only mentioned that the beneficiaries will be selected on the information relating to SECC 2011 data details.
- The SEC-2011 registered candidates will get the beneficiary card at their home.
- But the central government has not yet decided on the mode through which it will send the card.
What is the procedure to search beneficiary name under the assigned list?
- It has been declared by the state government that only people belonging to poor financial background will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme. Thus, only the applicants whose name is included in the SECC 2011 list will be able to avail the benefits of the scheme. Without this registration, the applicant will not be able to take part in the scheme.
- Under the SEC 2011 list, the layman will be able to search for their names. The applicants have to click on https://mera.pmjay.gov.in/search/login and log in to the website,
- Other than this, the applicants can also register with any of their active mobile numbers to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- As part of the registration process, the applicant has to enter the captcha code and generate the “OTP” that will be sent to the registered phone number.
- After entering the code in the right place, the applicant has to enter the submit button. Following this, the applicant will be forwarded to the page where details of candidates are provided. From this page, the candidates will be able to search for their names on the list.
What are the methods of searching for beneficiary list?
Searching by names
- On the search page, the applicants have to select their chosen state from the drop-down list.
- After this, the applicant will be able to select the option of searching their name in the beneficiary list. From this step, they can opt for ‘search by name’ option.
- After this, the applicants have to enter their names, age, parents’ name, district name, zip code and other necessary details.
- After entering the correct credentials, applicants have to click on the ‘search’ button.
Searching with the help of ration card number or mobile number
- When searching details of the beneficiary with the help of mobile number, it is necessary that the applicants should generate search page.
- Following this, the applicant can choose for their state in which they belong from the drop-down list.
- After this, the applicants have to select the search mode. In addition, the applicant has to choose where they wish to choose between ‘searching by ration card’ and ‘searching by mobile number.’
- The official website will further generate verification, and once all these steps are completed, the applicants will be able to get access their details under this list.
Searching with the help of RSBY code
- For people already benefitted under Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana or RSBY has been highlighted by central government who will be automatically be benefitted under PMJAY.
- For ease of record, a reference code has been given to RSBY beneficiaries. With the help of this unique reference number, the beneficiaries will be able to search for their name on the list.
- Having the code, the applicant will be able to search for their name with the help of ‘Search by BRBY URN’ option.
- The applicants have to type the RSBY URN in a particular box. After this, the applicant can click on the search option. As soon as they click on the search option, they will be able to get the detailed records of the applicants on the screen.
What are the steps to implement the scheme?
- For the primary step of availing the benefits of the scheme, the applicants have to visit the nearest empanelled hospital and get to know about the details of medical treatments.
- For the smooth registration process in the medical center, the applicants can take help from Ayushman Mitra who will help adequately.
- The Ayushman Mitra will help candidates to check whether the individual is capable of attaining the benefits of the scheme or not.
- With the help of Ayushman Mitra, each medical case will be taken care of and thus, forwarded to the linked hospitals.
- After this, the Ayushman Mitra will provide treatment details to the applicants. In addition, the hospital authority will check the balance in the account of beneficiaries who are supposed to get cashless treatment.
- The actual treatment will start once the official documents have been submitted by the hospital authorities.
- After this, once everything is in order, the treatment will begin. Starting from examining the condition of the patient to his or her discharge in the right time, the hospital authority will be responsible for maintaining all medical records for future use.
- The details of the medical treatment will be provided by the hospital authority to its higher authority and provide an electronically generated bill to the applicants. It will also contain the feedback of the applicants in availing the medical facilities.
List of empanelled hospital
All states may not implement this scheme. The interested candidates will be able to attain free treatment facilities from the state-run medical centers. In addition to this, some private medical centers will also be included in the scheme to avail its benefits from.
Responsibilities of Arogya Mitra
For proper and successful implementation of the scheme, cooperation is required from all section of the society. In this relation, the central government has initiated the role of the Ayushman Mitras to help the beneficiaries get the required information pertaining to the scheme. The Ayushman Mitras are also responsible for the proper implementation of the scheme. Starting from providing information to help the candidates in the admission procedure, the Ayushman Mitras will be responsible enough to make it an easy affair.
What are the eligibility criteria for Arogya Mitra?
- Languages known – The Arogya Mitras have to be fluent in Hindi and English when assisting the applicants in availing the benefits of the scheme. Other than this, it is required that the Arogya Mitras should be well knowledgeable about the local language of the area.
- Training process – TheArogya Mitras will be given training so that they become adept about providing the right information and assistance to the applicants. The training will be followed by an exam to become certified Arogya Mitra.
- Academic qualification – It is mandatory for the Arogya Mitras to pass class 12th final exam to become eligible for this post. In addition, computer knowledge is also needed as they have to help the applicants in competing for online application form relating to this scheme. When learning the computer, they should have a good idea about the use of the internet and Microsoft Office software to have easy access to it.
- Preference to health-related workers – For applicants who have health-related work experience, he or she will be preferred when availing the benefits of the scheme.
However, by the implementation of this Pradhan Mantri Arogya Ayushman Bharat insurance yojana, the Modi government has helped the poor people of the society to have easy access to medical treatments. Compared to this, no other places have been able to implement such diverse plans of the scheme and help out the common people.
Other links –