PM Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana 2019-20
[Form, Eligibility Criteria, Documents]
Narendra Modi has announced for Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana 2019 under which a group of NRI will be able to go for a religious tour in India. According to the Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana , people will be able to go for two times for this trip. At the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas, the first batch of people started for their trip, and each of them is of Indian origin. The tour will be conducted free of cost by the government.
|Name of scheme||Pravasi Teerth Darshan Yojana
|Scheme has been launched on||22nd January 2019
|Scheme has been launched by||PM NarendraModi
|Aim of the scheme is that||NRI can go for religious tours
|Number of times the trip can be taken is||two times a year
|Main objective of the scheme is to||make people under about cultural diversity
Key features of the PM Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana
- Main objective – It will enable NRIs to know about the culture and heritage of India. The main objective of the scheme is to make NRIs understand the concept of ‘Unity in Diversity.’
- Improvement of tourism department – This scheme will also help to improve the condition of tourism in the country as tourism is considered the GDP of Gross Domestic Product of the country.
- Facilities provided to NRIs – Basic facilities will be provided to people during the religious trip by the central government. Starting from airfare to accommodations will be arranged by the central government under the supervision of PM.
Eligibility for this Pravasi Tirth Darshan Yojana
- Age limit – Individuals who belong to the age group of 45 to 65 years can apply to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Origin – Only people of Indian origin are allowed to apply for the benefits of this scheme.
- Girmitiya countries – People who belong to Girmitiya countries will be given preference when the group is selected for the religious tour. The Girmitiya countries include Fiji, Guyana, Suriname, Trinidad, Mauritius and Tobago, Jamaica.
What are the documents required and application process to apply for the scheme?
The age proof documents and residential proof should be submitted along with the application form of the scheme. No such rules for downloading and filling up the application form have come up. As soon as updates come up, citizens will be the first one to know about it. The necessary documents are required to run proper background check of the NRI to ensure that they are eligible to avail the benefits of the above said scheme.
Narendra Modi has planned for Centers of Excellence at Deen Dayal Hastkala Sankul on Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas. A total of 55 centers have been initiated by the central government.Therefore, by the implementation of this scheme, it will be easy to help NRIs know about the cultural diversity of our country.