Samajik Suraksha Yojana (SSY) in West Bengal 2020 (Social Security Scheme) for Unorganized Workers [Eligibility criteria, Online Application Form Processs]
The West Bengal government has merged a total of 5 schemes in a single Yojana named as Samajik Suraksha. The scheme will benefit the unorganized workers in the state and avail further benefits to them and their children.
Launch Table of the Samajik Suraksha Yojana
|Name of the Scheme||Samajik Suraksha Yojana|
|Place of Launch||West Bengal|
|Target Beneficiaries||Unorganized Workers in West Bengal|
|Samajik Suraksha Yojana’s official website||https://www.ssy.wblabour.gov.in/|
Benefits of Samajik Suraksha Yojana for the Unorganized Workers
- The inclusion of provident fund –The Samajik Suraksha Yojana includes the provident fund for the unorganized workers in the state. This will provide financial stability as well as security.
- The inclusion of compensation – The scheme also includes compensation in terms of disability or death during the work.
- Benefits for the children of the eligible ones –The government will also offer financial assistance to the beneficiaries’ children who are currently pursuing higher studies. Apart from this, the government under this scheme also includes training in developing skill.
- Services Pertaining to the Health treatments – Under this scheme, the government of West Bengal will also offer health treatment services to workers who are registered under Samajik Suraksha Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria of the Samajik Suraksha Yojana
The unorganized workers are now entitled to get the benefits of the Samajik Suraksha Yojana with provident funds. This is applicable for the ones attaining job above 60 years of age. The scheme will ensure in availing health monetary and assistance aid to the organized workers. The unorganized workers will get some beneficial security services that are normally offered to any worker in the organized sector. They will be availed with the security with the help of the SSY scheme.
- Residence Criteria for the Beneficiaries – The scheme that includes unorganized farmers will benefit them tremendously. But to get the benefits, the applicant is eligible for the scheme only when he or she is a resident of the state.
- Age Criteria for the Beneficiaries – According to the second eligibility criteria for the Samajik Suraksha Yojana, the applicant must be of 18-60 years of age.
- Monthly Income of the Family – The total income of the family of the applicants must be below Rs.6500/- per month. This excludes the construction andthe transport workers.
Online Application Procedure of Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- One must visit the online website portal of the state’s Labour Department.
- Upon then, one must tap on the “Quick Application” option present on the home page.
- After which one should be redirected to the next page. There, one would have to choose the option either ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- This will take the applicant to the ‘Disclaimer page’ where giving the requested details is necessary for the Employee Type.
- After which, one has to give the necessary details of the applicant.
- One has to upload the required document and upon then click on the ‘continue’ button.
- A page will pop in where one has to give the Dependent details or Nominee details. Upon then, one has to upload the requested documents and click on the ‘continue’ button.
- In the ‘Additional Affirmation page’, one has to enter the details pertaining to PF/ESI. Other details which one has to include are bank details, income details, and employee type details.
- Upon the completion of the application form, one has to click on the ‘submit’ button.
- After submitting the form, one will get an acknowledgment on display.
Offline Application Procedure of Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- One has to approach the Municipal Corporation, Labour Commissionerate or another officer who is authorized by the Labour Commissioner.
- Upon then, one has to get the application form for the Samajik Suraksha Yojana.
- After this, one has to fill all the necessary details and attach the form with the documents necessary.
- Upon filling the form, one has to submit the form to the concerned department officer.
- Lastly, one has to collect the application receipt from one officer who can be used for future references.
Documents Required for the Samajik Suraksha Yojana
- Aadhaar card
- Photo of the candidate
- Voter ID card
- Bank passport
- Passbook issued under SASPFUW/BOCWA/WBTWSSS
- Application (Form-1)
- Dependency Passbook
- Identity card issued to the worker
As of now, the state government will also issue account pay cheques to the state’s farmers. This will help the farmers get adequate customers whenever they pay a visit to the procurement centers for selling their products.
Other links –