Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana in Punjab (SSBY) 2019-20 (Universal Health Insurance Scheme) [Online Application Form, Eligibility, List Download, How to check Beneficiary Name Status, Empanelled Hospital list]
Punjab government has decided to launch the famous Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana. It would start from the July 2019. According to the rules of this scheme health coverage would be given to each family on a yearly basis. For effective implementation of the scheme, 364 private hospitals, along with government hospitals, have been empanelled for the task. Read the following part of the article to know more about how the scheme.
Launch details of the scheme
|Name of the scheme
|Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana|
|Scheme has been launched by
|Scheme has been launched in
|Date of launch of the scheme||July 2019|
|Aim of the scheme
|To provide free and cashless medical facilities both in government and private hospitals|
|Target beneficiaries of the scheme
|Common people including urban and rural families of Punjab|
|Cashless treatment to be given up to||Rupees 5 lakhs|
|Number of target beneficiaries||43.18 lakhs|
What are the highlighting features of Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana?
The essential features of the scheme are detailed in the following part of the article.
- After successful implementation of the scheme, rupees 5 lakh health coverage has been promised by the state government for the beneficiaries of the scheme.
- Beneficiaries of the scheme would get cashless treatment both from government and private hospital. In this scheme, almost 364 hospitals have been empaneled to look after the proper implementation of the scheme.
- Since this is a cashless treatment and not a reimbursement one, the claim settlement should be done in the hospital itself. The beneficiaries have to provide suitable documents to support their claim.
- No limit of family size that can get benefits under the scheme has been imposed. Therefore, all members of a family are eligible to get benefits from the scheme.
Other features of the scheme
- Candidates of PM Arogya Yojana – A total of 14.86 lakh beneficiaries under the above said scheme should also be part of Pradhan Mantri Arogya Yojana launched in Punjab.
- Members of Punjab Mandi Board – Near about 20.48 lakh families are included in the above-said scheme that has blue cards. In addition to this, 7.48 lakh families belonging to different departments such as 5 lakh farmers from Punjab Mandi Board are included in this scheme so that they can avail proper benefits.
- Treatment of ETD families – Near about 46000 families is included from Excise and taxation department. Also, 2.38 lakh workers registered with the construction worker’s board are also included to get benefits from the scheme.
- Treatment amount given to patients – The registered beneficiaries under the scheme will get free cashless treatment as per the rules of the scheme worth five lakh rupees. However, the treatment for all members of the same family would be done through the same account.
- Validity of insurance–The above said scheme would remain valid for a time period of one year. After this, the applicants have to apply for the renewal of the same so that they can continue to enjoy the benefits. For the renewal, applicants have to re-apply under the same scheme.
- Improvement of medical facilities – Due to significant need of improvement in the medical section in the rural areas, the above said scheme has been introduced. It would help as the expenses in the medial department have increased. This has made it impossible for the poor to afford the expenses and the cashless treatment would be of immense help for the needy persons. It would include people living in suburbs and cities of Punjab.
- Private and government organization – Hospitals that are run both by private and non-private agencies will provide free of cost treatment to beneficiaries. Apart from the treatment, the patients will get medical care that is given at nursing homes. However, these will be given by 364 enlisted private hospitals that are included in the above said scheme.
- Secondary treatment –The scheme benefits will be provided to patients who suffer from tertiary and secondary treatments. For the ones who are suffering from primary diseases, will not get benefits under this scheme.
What are the eligibility criteria and Documents required for the scheme for the scheme?
- Citizenship – The benefit will be given only to the citizens of Punjab. Individuals belonging to other states cannot avail the benefits of the scheme. So, the candidates have to provide suitable documents at the time of registration such as Aadhaar card, Voter ID card, or ration card. This shall be required to know whether they belong to the state of Punjab or not.
- Annual income – The beneficiaries have to submit suitable documents to show their annual income. It should be measured depending on the limit that would be set by the government to enroll in this scheme.
- Blue card holders – The citizens of the state who are blue card holders are eligible to get benefits under this scheme. This shall help them to get included in the list of beneficiaries for the above-said schemes.The financially weak families are the blue card holders. In Punjab, near about 20.48 families have this card that will be included to get benefits under the above said scheme.
- Part of PM Arogya Yojana – The total of 14.86 lakh families should be part of the PM Arogya Yojana in order to get benefits from the above-said scheme.
- Income certificate – The scheme would provide benefit to the ones who belong to lower and poor income groups of the society.The candidates have to submit annual income certificate to know whether they are eligible to get benefits under the scheme or not.Along with this, they also have to provide BPL and LIG certificates in support of their claim that they belong to the lower strata of the society.
- Health-related documents – These documents are required to know about the health condition of the beneficiaries. Also, they have to submit details of the treatment to get cashless treatment from the hospitals.
- No age limit – No such age restriction has been put by the state government for the candidates to apply for the scheme. So, people across all ages are allowed to apply to get cashless facilities of the scheme.
- No particular family size – Families of all size can apply for the benefits of this cashless treatment. All large, medium and small size of families are allowed to take advantage from the scheme. In addition, there is no bar to any religion taking benefit from the scheme.
- Members of worker’s welfare board – The construction workers should have their certificates from worker’s welfare board so that they can avail benefits under the above said scheme. The state would implement near about 2.38 lakh families with the certificate so that they can avail benefits under the scheme.
- ETD households –There are almost 46000 households that belong to the Excise and taxation department. So, if these families wish to get benefits under the above said scheme, they have to produce relevant papers in support of their claim.
- Members of Punjab Mandi Board – Punjab Mandi board has issued registration certificate to near about 5 to 7 lakh families of the state who are agricultural workers. So, families who belong to this category can also get benefits from the above said scheme.
How beneficiaries can apply for the scheme?
- Though application procedure is yet to be declared by the state government, it can be assumed to be similar to that of Ayushman Bharat application.
- The eligible candidates can get help from the empanelled hospital of the state. This would include both government and private hospitals. The candidates have to submit the application in the application counter that will be available in the hospitals.
- The applicants have to produce their Aadhaar card along with application for verification. This will be required to verify the identity proof and citizenship of the candidate.
- After the candidate gives the Aadhaar card to the counter at the empanelled hospitals, the registration agent is responsible to record the name, age, address and other contact details of the applicant that would be required for future use for giving the benefits under the scheme. Along with this, the biometric information of the candidate would be checked.
- The applicant has to fill a digitalized form after the agent matches the produced information with the one stored in the database. Following this, the applicant has to fill up the form of the scheme. The enrollment agent will provide a print out of the form that would contain details of the candidate.
- The pass given by the enrollment agent should be produced by the candidate in the hospitals that they visit to get the cashless treatment. Here, the doctors can start the treatment for free of cost.
- The government is yet to launch a separate online portal related to the scheme. This shall help the beneficiaries to check their details such as beneficiary list, empanelled hospital and others relevant to the scheme. Also, the candidates should stay updated on the portal that shall help them to know about information easily as soon as it gets updated on the site.
However, it is seen that after successful implementation of the scheme, the state government is planning to introduce other similar scheme for welfare of common mass of the state. Proper authority has been formed that would take care of effective implementation of the above said scheme. It shall help in developing the medical facilities that is given to common people throughout the state.
By effective implementation of the scheme, a huge number of poor families living in Punjab can get a better level of health facilities. This will be given both from the private and non-private hospitals for the help of the families. Therefore, the state government is making necessary arrangement for the successful implementation of the scheme throughout the state.
Other links –