SHREYAS Scheme full form Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills 2019-20 [Online Registration Portal, Eligibility Criteria]
Recently, the central government of Indian has announced the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills for the betterment placement and job creation. SHREYAS project will target the professional progress of the graduates. The scheme will pay attention on the non-technical students’ skill development. To know about the salient features, eligibility and registration details, read the article.
|Name of the scheme||Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS)|
|Launched by||PM Narendra Modi|
|Date of announcement||Feb 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Fresh non-technical graduate students|
|Supervising departments||Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Labor & Employment & Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship|
|Parent scheme||National Apprenticeship Promotional Scheme|
Key features of the SHREYAS scheme
- Development and employability of pupils – There is no value of academic education is the students cannot get a job after they finish college. With this scheme, the central government will offer these students a chance to widen their employability horizon. It, in turn, offers better job opportunities and success.
- Skill development – Students will be able to work and learn in the industrial sectors. The paid internship as well as training sessions will sharpen their skills. Thus, the scheme will also pave the path for skill development of freshers as well.
- Chance to earn stipend – As the scheme offers internship projects for the eligible applicants, students will be able to earn some money when they are learning the tricks of the trade. It will boost their confidence.
- Providing quality human resource – It is not possible for the industrial sector to run without the assistance of qualified and trained human resources. The implementation of this scheme will ensure that there will never be shortage of manpower that can slow down the wheel of India’s progress.
- Bride the bag between employee and employer – As the program allows the central government to bring in industrial sector in the lime light, fresh students will no longer have to put in a lot of effort to get a job. The scheme will eliminate the lack of information in the employment sector.
- Number of registered institutes – Till date, 40 academic institutes has already enrolled under the scheme.
- Number of degree internship programs – It has been announced by the officials of MHRD and MSD&E ministry that 7 internship projects have been developed under the scheme.
- Sectors chosen for skill development – The central government has published a list that consists of the name of 6 sectors. Skill development programs will be created for the interested candidates in these sectors. These are retail, IT, logistics, BFSI, food processing and tourism development.
- Three track implementation – For better operation, the implementation of this scheme will be done in three tracks. The first implementation track is associated with the “add-on apprenticeship.” The second track is associated with the “embedded apprenticeship” while the final track will connect the National Career Service or NCS with the colleges, operating within India.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
- Resident of the nation – It is mandatory for the students to be legal citizens of India. They must possess their respective voter and Aadhar cards to support this claim.
- Must be a student – The applicants must study in any college that is located in the country. Students from both government and private colleges will be able to get the benefits listed under the program.
- Non-technical streams only – This scheme has been implemented for the development of students who are studying in the non-technical streams. Only B.A, B.Sc and B.Com graduates will be able to register.
- Year of pass out – Only those students, which pass out from the colleges from April 2019 will only be able to enroll for the scheme. Thus, applicants will have to submit a copy of their college pass certificates while registering.
- Adequate academic degrees – Only those students will be able to get the benefits of this scheme that have the necessary educational and other skills, which match the trainee profile. The decision of the training provider will be considered final in this respect.
How to get application form and register for the scheme?
- All interested applicants will have to log on to the official portal of the scheme to attain necessary details about the apprentice and stipend scope.
- But before the students can apply, it is the responsibility of the educational institute to register under the program
- For this, institutes will have to log on to the authorized portal and highlight the courses and apprenticeships programs that they are interested in.
- Then students will be able to match their profile according to the vacancies and apply accordingly by filling in the registration form.
- When more details about the complete registration process comes out, you will get it on this site.
The development of the educated youth will pave the path for the overall success of the country. Schemes like these will not only increase the efficiency of the students, but will also give them practical knowledge about the professional field. After the completion of the trainings, the scope for such students, to bag lucrative job opportunities will increase many folds.
Other links –