Swasthya Mitra Scheme Under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana In Odisha (Eligibility, Application Form)
Last year, the Odisha state government has successfully extended the reach under the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. All the eligible beneficiaries were also given registration cards. By showing these cards at government and private hospitals, beneficiaries will be able to attain cashless treatment. Recently, the Odisha government made the announcement of Swasthya Mitra Scheme, which will complement the previous medical development project. To know about the feature and eligibility, read the article here.
|Name of the scheme||Swasthya Mitra Scheme Under Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana|
|Launched by||Naveen Patnaik|
|Date of announcement||February 2019|
|Date of implementation||2019 – 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana beneficiaries|
|Supervised by||Odisha Medical Development Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Development of medical sector – The main objective of the state authority, behind the implementation of the scheme was to pave the path for betterment of medical facilities and availability.
- Cashless treatment – All beneficiaries, enrolled under the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana will not have to worry about the payment for their treatment in private nursing homes. All treatment fees will be paid by the state government.
- Number of empaneled private nursing homes – Around 200 private treatment providing organizations will offer medical facilities to the beneficiaries. Apart from this, treatment will also be available free of cost at 20 specified super specialty treatment organizations.
- Third party implementation – Though the implementation of the Swasthya Mitra Scheme has been done keeping the private treatment agencies in mind, the state run hospitals will be able to attain the service through third-party implementation.
- Total number of beneficiaries – Till date, around 70 lakh eligible families has already applied for the benefits of the Biju Swasthya Kalyan Yojana. The implementation of Swasthya Mitra Scheme will ensure than more eligible applicants attain the perks in the future.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
The scheme is rather new. Only a preliminary announcement has been made by the Odisha CM. For the time being, only three eligibility requirements have been highlighted. The state government will soon come out with a detailed description of all documents and eligibility requirements of the scheme.
- Residents of the state – To become a Swasthya Mitra under the new scheme, applicants will have to be legal and permanent residents of Odisha. If the interested candidate does not possess residential proof, then he/she will not be able to enroll.
- No financial requirement – People from all financial backgrounds will be able to enroll to become a Swasthya Mitra.
- Personal ID documents – All applicants will have to submit their Aadhar cards, ration cards, and voter cards as identification proof documents.
How to get application form and register for the benefits?
The Odisha Chief Minister has just announced the Swasthya Mitra Scheme. Nothing has been highlighted about the implementation procedure. It is too early to predict anything about the implementation of the scheme. All will be described by the state officials in due time. If you desire to know more about the registration procedure and Swasthya Mitra appointment, then stay hooked on this site. It is expected that the Odisha government will offer offline as well as online enrollment. It will prove to be more convenient for the applicants.
Many districts in Odisha are located in remote areas, where the availability of medical facilities is not up to the mark. The implementation of schemes like this will improve the medical sector. People, in the rural areas will be able to gain easy access to treatment in private hospitals, without worrying about expenses.