TN Mental Health Professionals Registration 2020 (Application Form download at tnhealth.tn.gov.in, Eligibility, Benefits)
The TN mental health professional application is available at the official portal at tnhealth.tn.gov.in, and Tamil Nadu State Mental Health Authority has started this initiative. It aims at registration of the professional and opts for suitable registration. It includes clinical psychologists, social workers for psychiatric patients, health nurses and the like options. Let us take a glance at the steps to apply for the online registration of health professionals.
Benefits of the registration –
- The registration fees of mental health professionals will be valid for 5 years from registration time.
- Each registered professional have to opt for re-registration after 5 years’ tenure and again deposit rupee 500 as fees.
- On the 1st of January, every year, the TN State Mental Health Authority shall publish the list of the selected professionals on the website
Registration process of health professionals
- First, you have to visit the official portal at relating to Health and Family Welfare Dept. of Tamil Nadu
- Now, on the homepage, you have to click on ‘read more’ option and then click on notification to get access to the link
- After this as the new page shows up, you have to click on “August 2020” option following with “MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS HAVE TO GET REGISTERED WITH TAMIL NADU STATE MENTAL HEALTH AUTHORITY” link
- Now, as the PDF file shows up, you can get access to the application form
- Here, you have to enter correct details like name, nationality, birth details, contact details, gender and other options
The correctly filled up application should be submitted along with supportive applications. It is required to be scrutinized by higher authorities to consider whether the candidate is eligible for the scheme benefits or not.
Where the professionals have to submit the form –
The application filled up should be sent to the Tamil Nadu State Mental Health Authority. For this, the application should be sent through speed post to the chief executive officer of Tamil Nadu State Mental Health Authority, Chennai. In should be given with a fee of rupees 500 by means of demand draft. It should be done in the name of the chief executive officer of the above-said department.
Eligibility Criteria for Tamilnadu Mental Health Professionals Registration
There are different eligibility criteria for different departments of medical professionals like mental health nurses, psychologists, psychiatric workers, and the like.
Eligibility for Clinical Psychologist
- Individual should have recognized knowledge in clinical psychology from recognized institute. However, it should be recognized by Rehabilitation Council of India
- Person should have a post-graduate degree in related subjects like clinical psychology, applied psychology, master of philosophy and the like. Other than this, the person should be part of a full time course with suitable training from recognized universities.
Eligibility for Mental Health Nurse
- Having a diploma or degree course knowledge in nursing
- Diploma in psychiatric nursing from an institute recognized by nursing council in India
Eligibility for worker of psychiatric patients
- Person should have post-graduate diploma degree in subjects including social work
- One should have master of philosophy in psychiatric social work after graduation
- Clinical training from a recognized university that comes under university grant admission act
Ans: From the tnhealth.tn.gov.in link, upon clicking on the Mental Health Professionals Have to Get Registered with Tamil Nadu State Mental Health Authority link, PDF file of the form will show up
Clinical Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse and Psychiatric Social Worker are included in the list
Ans: Chief Executive of Tamil Nadu State Mental Health Authority department by post
Ans: Rupees 500
Other links –