Tamil Nadu Unorganised Workers Registration at TN Labour Department Online Portal (labour.tn.gov.in)
Of late the Tamil Nadu Labour Department has launched an online portal for the labors of the state. It is designed for the unorganized labor of the state, so they can register on the portal. Due to the difficult situation caused by the outbreak of Covid-19 it is important to bring the people work in unorganized sector under one umbrella. So, the labors who did not get the benefit of government’s welfare scheme now can get the benefits by applying online through the newly launched portal. The article is going to give you detail regarding application.
|Name of the initiative||Tamil Nadu Unorganised Workers Registration|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu Labour Department|
|Launched in||Tamil Nadu|
|Date of launch||July, 2020|
|Target people||Unorganized labor|
Key features of the Tamil Nadu Unorganised Workers Registration
- 1 Key features of the Tamil Nadu Unorganised Workers Registration
- 2 Eligibility criteria
- 3 Required documents
- 4 How to register on the portal?
Objective of the scheme–
The scheme will help the labors of the state to get the benefits allotted by the Tamil Nadu government during the time of pandemic.
No. of welfare sectors–
Under the government scheme there are 17 sectors where labors will get work at thing point of time.
No. of registered labors–
Up until now around 27.4 lakh labourers are registered and the government is hoping more numbers to included through the portal.
Once the laborers register through online, the department will issue a membership card on each member.
The government will provide financial assistance to the labors who will register on the portal.
Amount of money–
The registered candidate will get 1000 rupees per head from the Tamil Nadu government.
Resident of Tamil Nadu-
To get the benefit of the scheme you need to the permanent resident of the state.
Laborer of TN–
The scheme is designed for the labors of unorganized sector and that is the reason you need to be one to apply for the scheme.
Bank account –
It is essential to have bank account to get the financial aid.
You need to provide domicile documents to apply for the scheme.
You need to provide PAN / Ration / Voter ID / Driving License Aadhaar Card as ID proof.
You need to provide bank details so that you can get the money directly to the account.
How to register on the portal?
- You need to visit the official site that is click here
- You need to go to the online service section on the home page and click on the ‘Login’ link.
- You will be taken to the login page where you can register as new user and for that you need to click on the option ‘New User’.
- You need to fill in the registration form with appropriate information about yourself.
- After filling in the form you need to verify the phone number and email id on the portal.
- After that you need to upload the relevant documents to complete the registration process.
- The first time users need to create password and enter the username to create the account.
The launch of the portal will help the unorganized labors to get the benefit of the scheme. It is belied that 50% of the labors from unorganized sectors are still left for registration. Till date only 12 lakh labors are registered under the scheme and already receive financial aid for 2 times. Along with the financial aid the government is planning to provide Covide-19 essential kit to the labors. The TN Labour Department is taking every possible step to ensure the safety of the laborers from unorganized sector.
You need to be at least 18 years old to register.