YSR Amma Vodi Scheme in Andhra Pradesh 2019-20 (Navaratnalu) [Eligibility, Registration Form, Financial Assitance to mothers]
According to the data published in 2011 Census report, Andhra Pradesh belong to the states which have a high literacy rate. The overall literacy percentage was 67.02% and the state government is hell-bent to keep it from dropping. So, the Cm has announced the launch of an education welfare project, named YSR Amma Vodi Scheme. The scheme will offer financial assistance to the families of school going candidates, to ensure that financial constraints don’t compel the student to drop out of the education system.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Amma Vodi Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched by||Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Preliminary announcement||June 2019|
|Date of official launch||January, 2020|
|Target beneficiaries||Mothers of school students|
|Supervised by||AP Education Department|
Key features of the scheme
- Growth of education sector – Primarily, the scheme was designed for supporting the overall state education structure. The action needed to be taken at the grass root level so that students continue their education, without any breaks. Helping families financially will ensure that the children continue to come to school.
- Increase in literacy rate – The overall literacy rate of the state is high. The enactment of this education welfare scheme will ensure that the rate stays high and increases with each passing year.
- Financial assistance – The beneficiaries will attain a financial assistance of Rs. 15,000 from the state government. The frequency of this payment has not been decided yet.
- Money in mothers’ accounts – A mother is always ready to do her best to ensure a better future for her children. Education offer strong foundation for a sound development of children in every field. A mother will be able to manage the funds better to ensure higher education of her child/children. Mothers will have to apply on behalf of the children. The funds will be transferred in the bank account of the mothers.
- Reduction in dropout percentage – The elimination of financial worries will encourage the families to send their wards to school. No parent wants to see his/her child drop out of school due to shortage of funds. As the state will take care of this aspect, the percentage of students, dropping out of secondary or high-secondary education levels will go down drastically.
- Types of schools – As per the preliminary announcement, the scheme will offer the perks to students who go to government-run, government-aided and private schools simultaneously.
Eligibility and documents necessary for application
The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet has already accepted the scheme, and the respective state department can now plan for the implementation. However, the Chief Minister has not announced anything about the specific eligibility criteria, which must be fulfilled by the interested applicants. Once the state government finishes making the blue print for the implementation of the project, it will publish information about the eligibility as well as necessary document list.
How to get registration form and apply for the scheme?
The state government has a long way to go for the actual launch of the scheme. As the CM has announced that the official launch will be on the 26th of January, 2020, the state departments must hurry up with the finalization of the registration procedure. The authority has not mentioned anything whether the scheme will offer online or offline or both modes of application. When the Andhra Pradesh government comes out with these official announcements, you will get the details on this site.
The present state government has promised to implement this scheme before the elections. The people supported the party to come to power, and now it is time for the state government to launch this education welfare program that will increase the literacy rate in the state in the coming years.