YSR Baby Kit Scheme in AP 2019-2020 [Item List]
The Andhra Pradesh government has launched the scheme for the newborn babies of the state. The scheme will help to assist the new parents who are unable to provide basic things to their babies. The scheme was launched in 2016 and it was inspired by several foreign countries where this program has already started. Among the countries, Finland, Africa and other countries were offering help to the new parents by providing baby kits.
|Name of the scheme||YSR Baby Kit Scheme|
|Launched in||Andhra Pradesh|
|Implementation date||July 1, 2016|
|Launch by||State govt. of Andhra Pradesh|
|Target people||Newborn babies|
Key features of the scheme
- Objective of the scheme – The scheme works for the people who cannot afford essential kits for their newborn babies. The baby care kit will help to take care of the newborns and keep them healthy.
- Item in the kit – The care kit contains blanket, mosquito net, sleeping pouch, and antiseptic lotion. Baby powder, baby lotion, clothes, napkin, diapers, small toys, clothes, shampoos, etc.
- Time of giving the kit – The mothers receive the gift from the hospital at the time f heir discharge from the hospital.
- Budget of the scheme – Survey of Health Department of Andhra Pradesh says that every year 5 lakh babies are born and some of them suffer from pneumonia and other diseases and this is the reason the government has decided to allot 30 crore rupees.
- Center of distribution – The kit will be obtained only if the delivery is done in the private hospitals in Andhra Pradesh; no private hospitals will come under it.
Click Here for YSR Rythu Bharosa Scheme List
Renaming of the scheme
In Andhra Pradesh the scheme has been running for three years. In June 2019 the scheme was renamed as Dr YSR Baby Care Kit scheme. The Health Ministry of the state said that in this year nearly 60,000 to 70,000 babies go the kit under the scheme. In order to get the kit the parents do not have to spend a penny.
The lunching of the scheme of providing baby care kit is a wise step to reduce infant mortality. It is believed that this step will help to reduce several diseases that are affecting the newborns. It will help to build a strong immune system so that the diseases can be prevented.
Click here for YSR Navodayam Scheme Registration
The similar scheme is also in Tamil Nadu and the former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Ms. Jayalalithaa has launched the scheme for the new born babies. The primary idea to run a scheme is to promote the concept of hygiene among the people of the state. It has been seen that people of the state are being benefitted and people who cannot afford these kinds of products are getting surprised due to the kit. The medical professionals are saying the due to the scheme several babies are getting psychological calmness as the kit is all about keeping them neat and clean.
Other links –